Dedicated To The Smallest Of Skiffs banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Who owns one and what do you think?

Looking at getting a longer push pole after selling my Mangrove 21' and want to hear some input on this pole.

I definitely like the ideal that it is stiffer than the Mangrove.

Want something similar to the Stiffy Hybrid in stiffness.

·
Lip Ripper
1,716 Posts
I have the GL3R and after trying that vs a Stiffy Hybrid there is no comparison. I love it man, i'd say if you can go for it, definitely do.

Reactions: sjrobin

·
Registered
2,784 Posts
The 21 foot mangrove and hybrid are pool noodles compared to the G2LR.

Some people may dump all over this but I can honestly say I prefer the 21' MHX to the 21' G2LR. Just something to consider. I started with a 19'6'' mangrove, then bought an MHX before picking up a G2LR. I got rid of the carbon marine pole and went back to the MHX. My only complaint is the point on the MHX is hot garbage, and the foot material is kind of loud on oyster bottoms.

·
I Love microskiff.com!
1,795 Posts
I have the GL3R. Its is infinitely better than a hybrid. So much lighter its unbelievable. I ended up selling the hybrid and use the GL3R exclusive now.

·
The redfish whisperer!
510 Posts
I have both the G3LR and the G2LR. I would say if you can spare the extra coin go for the G3 it's incredibly light weight and very rigid. It's also a one piece pole which is nice. Another thing to consider is Joe at carbon marine has the best service in the industry and will also deliver the push pole in FL for free. The G2LR is a great pole for a multi piece pole. It's still pretty rigid but definitely not as much as the G3LR. Either way you are getting a great product with a company that stands behind it.

·
I Love microskiff.com!
86 Posts
X2 on the G3LR had it for a year and a half now and will never go back to anything else. X2 on customer service from C.M.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I have the 20’ G2 I love it. Free shipping from the factory anywhere in Florida and they guarantee the seams if you allow them to build it together. The only complaint is I wish it was 2’ longer 😂

·
Registered
666 Posts
I think comparing the G2 to the Guide and the G3 to the Extreme is more of a fair comparison. I think both are great poles.

·
I Love microskiff.com!
2,420 Posts
The G3 and Stiffy Guide are close. Durability? The Extreme is my preferred due to weight but too small for my old hands.

·
I Love microskiff.com!
288 Posts
I liked my G2LR prior to having to replace it with a stiffy graphite, I would say not much difference between those two imo.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts