Dedicated To The Smallest Of Skiffs banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
I Love microskiff.com!
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
anybody using these around the bow for line management? Considering putting them on my skiff despite being an eyesore. Are they functional? Durable?

·
I Love microskiff.com!
170 Posts
Following as well .......I have fished on one skiff with them and they do seem to work ..... can’t speak to their durability. He mentioned using more , he currently has one about every 3-4 inches around the bow I say , and line does slip through .... he is getting more to install between the gaps ....

·
Registered
'04 HB Devilray Merc 25 HP
1,044 Posts
I had them on my gheenoe and planning on putting them on my current boat. You have to keep them clean and slippery

·
I Love microskiff.com!
3,503 Posts
They work. I'd still have mine on there if I didn't use a boat cover during storage. (The cover bent them all down at an angle...)

·
Ankona Sales Rep
2,936 Posts
I have them on my skiff and I love them. They are spaced out every 6" and make a great conversation starter!
20190427_070804.jpg

·
Registered
201 Posts
I've looked at these, but does anyone know where to get the short solid rails? I've seen them on some boats but don't what what to search because regular metal bow rails come up.

·
Registered
403 Posts
Eyesore. Yes. They even qualify for butt ugly status. ;)

I think sissy bars on poling platforms and spider webs on casting platforms are abominations, too. But I love my Carbon Marine push pole. Joe makes some great stuff.
sissy bars on poling platforms are like giant signs saying I have a skiff but dont actually pole it..

·
I Love microskiff.com!
474 Posts

I think sissy bars on poling platforms and spider webs on casting platforms are abominations, too. But I love my Carbon Marine push pole. Joe makes some great stuff.
When someone unexpectedly throws you off balance and you end up taking a dive from the poling platform onto the deck head first and crack your noggin, it may change your opinion on the sissy bar. That's if don't break your neck and survive.
I'm not going to post pictures out of respect but that's exactly what happened to a friend of mine.

·
Banned
12,342 Posts

If they work who cares? Fishing has become a competition lately. When someone says my Maverick is ugly and the 20 year old motor is outdated I just laugh because I know while they are polishing their boat and trailer I’m catching fish.

·
Banned
12,342 Posts
When someone unexpectedly throws you off balance and you end up take a dive from the poling platform onto the deck head first and crack your noggin, it may change your opinion on the sissy bar. That's if you survive and are still breathing LOL !
Time for a bay boat with a big trolling motor, t-top and a bunch of cup holders.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I have been using them with great results.
I wouldn't space them anymore than six inches apart though. I tried to space them out so I wouldn't need as many. The line found the spaces.
I would definitely recommend them to anyone needing some line management. They are easy to install and hold firm. If you want to remove them they will come off by peeling the disc.
Take the plunge, they are worth it. Also, Joe is a good dude. He will take care of you.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts