Dedicated To The Smallest Of Skiffs banner

1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
I Love microskiff.com!
1,216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone have any details? Looks like they made at least one so far.

·
I Love microskiff.com!
1,216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The one I saw was a V. Don’t see why they couldn’t do the same for a S.

·
Registered
792 Posts
It’s entirely out of carbon. And the total weight loss is 175lbs. I got to spend a day on the very first one they made, its powered by a 115 boat ran good and you can feel the difference in weight when piling compared to the non carbon. Draft isn’t different.

the weight is still up there a bit over all. Even with it being all carbon. But the 175 weight loss is BIG!

·
Banned
12,342 Posts
It’s entirely out of carbon. And the total weight loss is 175lbs. I got to spend a day on the very first one they made, its powered by a 115 boat ran good and you can feel the difference in weight when piling compared to the non carbon. Draft isn’t different.

the weight is still up there a bit over all. Even with it being all carbon. But the 175 weight loss is BIG!
Did you compare and measure draft or hear that from someone? How is draft not different being 175 pounds lighter? That defies the laws of physics. I can tell a difference in draft having a full tank of fuel or having an extra bag of ice in my cooler.
I wish they would make a CF HPX-T!

·
Banned
12,342 Posts
It's a piece of shit maverick so who cares. Sorry I hate maverick boatworks couldn't help myself terrible customer service. Carry on people.
I agree, the dbags that run that place are terribly rude. If you have an older Maverick and need information like where the aluminum backer pads are in the deck and old diagrams etc they have no time for you. I still love my boat, it does everything I want a skiff to do and the fish still eat my lures.

·
Banned
12,342 Posts
Can tell if you have an extra bag of ice? Smack you are a little sensitive! That’s nothing. I have the sub shop delete lettuce to save weight. And dam if those black olives don’t cause a list to one side.
Yeah when I’m poling in 6-7” of water over sand bottom you will notice a small change in weight and or weight distribution. Some of us actually pole our poling skiffs and don’t have a trolling motor like a bay boat...:p

·
Registered
5,080 Posts
I agree, the dbags that run that place are terribly rude. If you have an older Maverick and need information like where the aluminum backer pads are in the deck and old diagrams etc they have no time for you. I still love my boat, it does everything I want a skiff to do and the fish still eat my lures.
Yes I should rephrase that they build a bad ass boat hopefully you don't have any warranty issues ie broken stringers in the first year you own the NEW boat and they send it back with 2 different colors gel coat. The kicker is whenever the second in charge asks you what did you want me to do regelcoat the whole bottom again?

·
Registered
792 Posts
Did you compare and measure draft or hear that from someone? How is draft not different being 175 pounds lighter? That defies the laws of physics. I can tell a difference in draft having a full tank of fuel or having an extra bag of ice in my cooler.
I wish they would make a CF HPX-T!
both. I poled the non carbon with 115 and new carbon with 115 got into sane water and maybe the new floated a tiny bit shallower (maybe less weight able to push it across the bottom more) even the owner said that it’s not much different in draft.

Another friend of mine just fished the new one with 70 and said it floats the same as his (non carbon) with 70.

1 - 20 of 60 Posts