Dedicated To The Smallest Of Skiffs banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
I Love microskiff.com!
456 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Looks great! Care to share any tips and links to the process? Very interested.
I couldn’t really find anything online to help me so I just went for it. I bought carbon sleeves online for the legs and used a few layers over a mandrel in the size I wanted them. For the top I used 2 layers of 12k carbon/lantor soric xf(cut to the shape I wanted ) / 2 layers 12k carbon, put it on my 1/2” wax and pva coated acrylic sheet then vacuum bagged it. To attach the legs I used some vacuum bagging tape around the outside of them to hold them in place and keep the epoxy from leaking out then poored thickened epoxy inside to create a plug inside of the legs. I still need to put a stainless eye on the bottom for the turnbuckle.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Looks really good. Are you going to do anything to soften those edges? Looks from the pictures like you would not want to catch your shin on that thing.

·
I Love microskiff.com!
456 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Looks really good. Are you going to do anything to soften those edges? Looks from the pictures like you would not want to catch your shin on that thing.
I was thinking maybe some plastic auto trim stuff but I’ll see what fits and still looks clean.

·
Registered
175 Posts
So does the surface get hot in the sun? Are you planning on there being seadek on there or something for texture?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts