Dedicated To The Smallest Of Skiffs banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
I Love microskiff.com!
451 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We had our annual Cape Lookout Albacore Festival last week to support PHWFF, and one of my veteran anglers put together a great little video from his trip with us.

It's starts off with bluefish, but the albacore action starts around 5:00 and the first hookup is right around 6:40. Love seeing the angler's POV when these fish take off.

By the way, this is about 6 miles off the beach in an East Cape Fury.

·
Lowcountry Degen
2021 Conchfish 17.8
1,822 Posts
They'll show you the backing pretty quick! Still haven't crossed that one off my to-do list. Looks like a blast.

·
I Love microskiff.com!
1,061 Posts
Damn. I love catching those suckers. But they don't seem to get near that big here on the Texas coast (biggest I've caught was about 4#) and they just aren't found here reliably enough to target that often.

This one was pretty memorable- we were chasing blitzing schools and they had gone down so I tied on a popper and just cast as far as I could and the water was super clear so I saw this green football just rocket up from about 20' down, smash my popper, and go airborne on the eat.

IMG_7797.jpg

·
I Love microskiff.com!
451 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Damn. I love catching those suckers. But they don't seem to get near that big here on the Texas coast (biggest I've caught was about 4#) and they just aren't found here reliably enough to target that often.

This one was pretty memorable- we were chasing blitzing schools and they had gone down so I tied on a popper and just cast as far as I could and the water was super clear so I saw this green football just rocket up from about 20' down, smash my popper, and go airborne on the eat.

View attachment 100228
And on glass...heck yeah!

We have a big range on our fish. The first ones that show up in September are around 5 or 6 lbs, and by the end of the season in November it's not unusual to catch several 20-25lbers in a day.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts