can't believe what i seen

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by jms, Jul 4, 2012.

1. jms

jms don't let common sense get in your way

this is a rant:

a client sold their boat on ebay - it was damaged,due to partial submersion,in saltwater...

the boat sold,and it was to be picked up yesterday-i explained to the owner,please advise the buyer to bring a roller trailer,of the appropriate size...
    knowing what i have learned from my experience...

i was amazed at what i found at my shop,upon returning from launching a client's boat...

the buyer had the door of my shop completley blocked,and was attempting to load the boat onto a trailer that was clearly way too small - in length and weight capacity.i stopped the man,and explained to him,he was going to make the evening news,attempting to trailer that boat,on that trailer,to new york-but,as is the case on occasion - he knew way more than me...
    after watching this for approx 1 1/2 hrs - i stepped in again - enough's enough - i needed to gt in the shop,the gentleman had it blocked - again,enough's enough !!

i shook my head in disblief !
    this guy was blocking the boat,at it's half way point,and attempting to winch it on the trailer with both a come along winch and the trailer's winch-this guy needed to put a tent over this circus !!
    i explained to him again,get the right trailer,quit now - you're wasting my time ! do it now !
    the guy finally agreed-common sense prevailed...

the transaction was between the owner,and the buyer - not me...

the idea of posting this is to remind everyone to use a little common sense - if a trailer's able to fit a 16-19 boat,that doesn't mean it's gonna work - there's a little thing called "weight rating" - often overlooked,just like in this case...

[​IMG]

i'm still shaking my head in disbelief over this,and the fact this cat wasted just about 2hrs of my time...