Dedicated To The Smallest Of Skiffs banner

Cannot get snook to eat my lures!

3779 Views 42 Replies 22 Participants Last post by  skinny_fishing
I don't know what the issue is, but so far this summer I have seen tons of snook and have not been able to get them to bite any of the typical lures I have caught them on before. I don't know if I'm doing anything wrong but I'm tempted to start using live bait again just to catch some fish this is getting old.

Paddle tails, flukes, rapala, various fake shrimp.....Nothing. Was just out this morning and saw snook everywhere right on shore, caught some jacks on the paddletail but the snook were not interested at all what gives?
Reactions: michaelgxx
41 - 43 of 43 Posts

· Registered
36 Posts
leader size and presentation....fishing snook unless by jetty or huge structure i almost always use 20 flouro or under.... and NLBN paddles or Zooms or DOA shrimp are the ticket for me 90 percent of the time fishing artificial....live bait :)

· Registered
1,297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #43 ·
Just saw this thread, so forgive me. It seems that you are less experienced than some of us old folks, and I don't want to judge or be a buzz kill, so I'll just offer some advice: don't drag the fish up onto the beach if you plan to release it. Same advice I give to my best friends and family, so please don't get upset. Keep them in the water, carefully lift for a quick pic, let 'em swim. Better for everyone. Mark
Well as you can see in the picture it's my son holding the fish, not me. Yes he is inexperienced, that was the second snook he has ever caught and I told him never to do that again. As you can imagine he got over excited and drug the fish up on to the beach. That was last summer and he's come a long way since then, he's tying his own flies now lol.

My local tackle shop says it’s because you aren’t using NLBN
I've been hearing a lot about NLBN lately, are they that much better than every other paddle tail? I can't imagine there would be that much of a difference between a Zman and NLBN paddle tail but who knows.

41 - 43 of 43 Posts