Dedicated To The Smallest Of Skiffs banner

Caimen vs Waterman 18

12100 66
I fish the Louisiana Marsh, spend a lot of time poling quite shallow, but a lot of what I fish requires some significant open water crossings. I'm in the market for a new to me skiff. Given the choice of a Caimen or a Waterman 18, similarly rigged and priced close enough for it to not be a factor, which would you choose and why? Any other strong recommendations in the 18 foot range for those criteria, and again, why? Thanks.
Reactions: jmrodandgun
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
2,918 Posts
Thanks Austin, I've spent a lot of time poling and fishing from a couple of different Caimen's. They impressed me with how they handle a chop and they pole just fine. Some folks think they are a little tippy, but I've spent a lot of time on a platform so I guess it jsut doesn't bother me.
Same offer if you want to spend some time on the little cayo skiff. You got a standing invitation any time you want to go. I'll give you a buzz over Christmas break.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.