Dedicated To The Smallest Of Skiffs banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’m looking for a transom saver for my Caimen. My trailer is a dry launch so I haven’t been able to find one that will work as the rear of the trailer is two feet from the transom. Have Any Caimen owners found a transom saver that will work?

·
Forgotten Coaster
2,319 Posts
M-Y Wedge are very good and durable products. The cylinder one needs to be removed for washing to keep salt water from collecting. The universal version is what I've been using on my Mosquito. Open on one side to allow thorough flushing when it is installed.

·
Registered
864 Posts
I've always had some curiosity about the M-Y Wedge. I thought the purpose of a transom saver was to transfer some of the weight of the outboard from the transom to the trailer while hauling down the road. The M-Y wedge doesn't do that, right? It unloads the hydraulic cylinder, but I don't see how it helps take any load off the transom.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I've always had some curiosity about the M-Y Wedge. I thought the purpose of a transom saver was to transfer some of the weight of the outboard from the transom to the trailer while hauling down the road. The M-Y wedge doesn't do that, right? It unloads the hydraulic cylinder, but I don't see how it helps take any load off the transom.

I thought the same thing. I went ahead and ordered the M-Y wedge last night, so we will see. My Caimen has developed stress cracks where the sponson joins the motor well that I do not want to get worse.

·
Registered
864 Posts
I thought the same thing. I went ahead and ordered the M-Y wedge last night, so we will see. My Caimen has developed stress cracks where the sponson joins the motor well that I do not want to get worse.
I would reach out to Kevin at East Cape.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

·
I Love microskiff.com!
17 Posts
I don't have a Caimen, but do use the my-wedge on our Beavertail and have had concerns if it is the best option. The motor seems to bounce around quite a bit when trailering due to bumpy roads. I have thought about possibly putting a ratchet strap around it to help secure it a little more. Anyone else have a better option?

·
Registered
594 Posts
I have been using a Motormate for the past year and a half. Very happy with it. It also prevents the motor from turning side to side.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts