Dedicated To The Smallest Of Skiffs banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2010 East Cape Caimen
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have followed the Microskiff forum for years but never really posted. I used to post years ago on the Florida Sportsman forums but they just are not what they used to be. Writing posts about my fishing pursuits is somewhat therapeutic and I find that I remember much more from the day’s events.

I purchased my East Cape Caimen one year ago after owning a Gladesmen for five years. I am happy I made the switch. The Caimen is a 2010 hull with a 2008 Yamaha 50hp 2-stroke tiller and had been taken care of really well.

Having been in a tiller Gladesmen for years I wanted a console of some sort but told myself I will experience the Caimen as a tiller skiff for at least a year before making the conversion.

The year was drawing near and I was getting bored of the tiller so I put a deposit down on side console conversion with East Cape and got on the wait list (approximately two months out).

I chose Bay Star hydraulic steering, Gemlux wheel, no fancy gauges and to leave the trim tab, navigation light, and bilge switches where they were.

Vehicle Transport Boat Trailer Commercial vehicle

There was a tiny tachometer on the tiller so East Cape pulled it off and I had them ghost mount it under the side console.

Machine Vehicle

They did have to mount a support bar from console to the deck which took away my starboard fly rod storage so I am still trying to figure that situation out.

Vehicle Water transportation Boat Speedboat Watercraft

Water transportation Vehicle Boat Speedboat Waterway

If anyone is interested in purchasing the old tiller arm for the 2008 50hp Yamaha engine, message me. I have it sitting in my barn at home and have not listed it on classifieds yet!

All the best,

Joe

·
Registered
2010 East Cape Caimen
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
View attachment 85488 sometimes I do wish I had a side console on my skiff (for the added walking space but I gotta say I love my center console Caimen just for added storage and insulated cooler seat. great looking skiff.
You have a beautiful Caimen! I think I watched the video they did with your and another Caimen back to back in the same video. The aluminum trailer really makes a skiff when out of the water.

I feel that the full cc looks a bit overpowering on a Caimen hull but I really dig the cut down plain offset console option.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.