Dedicated To The Smallest Of Skiffs banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have followed the Microskiff forum for years but never really posted. I used to post years ago on the Florida Sportsman forums but they just are not what they used to be. Writing posts about my fishing pursuits is somewhat therapeutic and I find that I remember much more from the day’s events.

I purchased my East Cape Caimen one year ago after owning a Gladesmen for five years. I am happy I made the switch. The Caimen is a 2010 hull with a 2008 Yamaha 50hp 2-stroke tiller and had been taken care of really well.

Having been in a tiller Gladesmen for years I wanted a console of some sort but told myself I will experience the Caimen as a tiller skiff for at least a year before making the conversion.

The year was drawing near and I was getting bored of the tiller so I put a deposit down on side console conversion with East Cape and got on the wait list (approximately two months out).

I chose Bay Star hydraulic steering, Gemlux wheel, no fancy gauges and to leave the trim tab, navigation light, and bilge switches where they were.

IMG_20190627_100915_991.jpg

There was a tiny tachometer on the tiller so East Cape pulled it off and I had them ghost mount it under the side console.

ecc.jpg

They did have to mount a support bar from console to the deck which took away my starboard fly rod storage so I am still trying to figure that situation out.

20190628_172257.jpg

20190628_172346.jpg

If anyone is interested in purchasing the old tiller arm for the 2008 50hp Yamaha engine, message me. I have it sitting in my barn at home and have not listed it on classifieds yet!

All the best,

Joe

·
Registered
108 Posts
23A34FFF-342C-4D08-A47C-2830A8EE83CC.jpeg
sometimes I do wish I had a side console on my skiff (for the added walking space but I gotta say I love my center console Caimen just for added storage and insulated cooler seat. great looking skiff.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
View attachment 85488 sometimes I do wish I had a side console on my skiff (for the added walking space but I gotta say I love my center console Caimen just for added storage and insulated cooler seat. great looking skiff.
You have a beautiful Caimen! I think I watched the video they did with your and another Caimen back to back in the same video. The aluminum trailer really makes a skiff when out of the water.

I feel that the full cc looks a bit overpowering on a Caimen hull but I really dig the cut down plain offset console option.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts