Dedicated To The Smallest Of Skiffs banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4,441 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is directed to the light blue green waterman or whipray that decided to burn the shoreline I was poling today. I was out on my little green project boat poling the Lee shoreline of plantation island as you ran from the West shore across the bay to burn that entire NE and E shoreline. From a fellow HB owner I would like to tell you your a complete piece of shit. Just wanted to make sure you knew in case you didn't see both of my middle fingers. What an asshole....
Just had to get that off my chest. If my phone wasn't in my cooler I would have a picture to post. Hope you find a crab trap along the way.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Did they have the classic Flat Brimmed hat, a $2000 push pole, 5 extra sage fly rods and a 3 ton lifted diesel truck waiting to rush them away at the ramp so they could get home to daddy quickly?

·
Registered
4,441 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Probably, there was a lifted truck with whipray trailer back at the launch. It's moments like this I wish I had a 50 cal mounted to the front deck of my boat. Shorelines are for poling not running. If you're reading this you ran over a s*** ton of fish by the way.

·
Registered
468 Posts
waste of a nice boat...similar topic, last couple times Ive been out Ive noticed an increase in solo skiffs and bote rover types...and they could not care less about wake zones or zipping around a corner only to find me right there

·
Registered
4,441 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
waste of a nice boat...similar topic, last couple times Ive been out Ive noticed an increase in solo skiffs and bote rover types...and they could not care less about wake zones or zipping around a corner only to find me right there
Just speculating but probably ignorance and lack of experience operating a motorized boat. Not that it's any better but I can let the ignorance go easier or turn it into a teachable moment. When they stare at you as they burn the shoreline you are poling in an expensive skiff you know it's intentional.

·
Registered
4,441 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Just makes me wonder how hard it is to act like a decent person out there. Apparently it's a lot more difficult that I thought.

·
Registered
468 Posts
Certainly could be, but I suspect not as they never seem inclined to stop but rather just wave and keep on moving....and I’m talking about passing within 100ft lol

·
Registered
730 Posts
Seems like its worse and worse every time I go. If they don't obey federal pole and troll they certainly do not give way when someone is poling a shoreline. Plenty of places to run around out there, no reason to run shorelines nor shallow bays like that. Just adding to the extra 10,000 props scars out there.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts