Dedicated To The Smallest Of Skiffs banner

Build Thread: Osprey 18 Flats Skiff

551306 Views 643 Replies 98 Participants Last post by  Boykinballer
I purchased the plans about a month ago from Timm Smith over at http://www.smithmarinedesign.com/osprey18.html . I ordered my first round of Okume plywood on Christmas Eve and it is on the way from World Panel.

Today I completed the strongback along with the hairpin support and transom support.

101 - 120 of 644 Posts

· Registered
466 Posts
Absolutely beautiful !!!! I Love Those Lines...I believe Wood boats are the most exciting to build because of the Rush you Get as the stage you are at comes together and the Imagination starts running :D...Congrats...

· Registered
198 Posts
Where are you located at in PC? I would love to stop by and check out the progress and maybe learn a little bit. I work for Gulf Power and I am constantly going from one side of town to the other. Keep up the great work man!

· Registered
652 Posts
Discussion Starter · #113 ·
Thanks Guys! I put about 4 hours into it tonight and got the fairing to the 99% point. I plan to stare at it for a while and go over it again with a batten to make sure everything is good. I may laminate the other 3/4" piece to the transom if I get time. I guess it is time to order some plywood for the planking!

· Registered
652 Posts
Discussion Starter · #114 ·
Not a lot to show, but I did spend a good bit of time yesterday doing some general epoxy work. I got three coats on my limbers. I did a good bit of sanding/smoothing of thickened epoxy around the joints. I also had a few places that need some additional thickened epoxy. I hope to get my plywood ordered on Monday!

101 - 120 of 644 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.