Dedicated To The Smallest Of Skiffs banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
C25C4471-8829-4315-8844-0B96ECAAEF99.jpeg
Since my 2014 skiff build, I’ve held onto the side-view story board because it held good memories of one of the most challenging things I’ve ever taken on. But after years of having to move it out of the way of what I was doing, I found I could use the material for shop organization shelving. So I though I’d take a picture and share how it began and what it turned into.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I’m extremely happy with how it turned out. It was an insane idea to begin with but day by itching, scratching day I could see everything moving in the right direction. The first fish caught was a memorable moment for sure!! I didn’t catch the fish, I was on the tower. Lol!

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
Well worth all the itching. The angler who caught the first fish had the easy part. Any pics of the build? Specification?

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I do have a bunch of pics on my laptop that I’ll try to load in the near future. But she’s 14’ and some change long, don’t remember the beam width but weighs in at 480 lbs. kind of a heavy little pig for its size but it floats in 7” with two people and gear. If we get out I can push over 3-4” with no problem. I have yet to get it stuck to the bottom.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
And More

Attachments

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thank you BassFlats! I actually found the poling platform on Craigslist but it was a transom clip-on style so it needed some modification. Had a welder buddy throw the fillet welds in.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts