BT Vengeance / F70 best all around prop?

Discussion in 'Prop Shop' started by Ryan in LA, Mar 12, 2018.

1. Ryan in LA

Ryan in LA Active Member

Any experience selecting a good prop for this setup? I have a 4 blade which I have to jack high for best performance, but in waves and wakes I cavitate too easy and need to be able to run easier with a deeper prop / lower jack setting. Not too bad a problem but running rivers with lots of boat wakes in summer makes it hard to cruise at optimum power.

2. Bruce J

Bruce J Active Member

Have you tried calling Powertech to see what they recommend? I have an F70 on my Maverick HPX-T, but it's a smaller boat and has a tunnel. The Powertech SWW3R in 14 pitch works pretty well on it. But I bet Powertech has spec'd lots of props for the Maverick HPXV with F70's, and that would probably be pretty close to what you might need.

3. Ryan in LA

Ryan in LA Active Member

Good idea. I also have a guy in the area that is a prop guru and will let u test drive before buying....just don't have time during week to do it...yet.

4. Bruce J

Bruce J Active Member

You could also call shallow water prop guru Jack Foreman at 361-552-2789. He's very familiar with the F70 and might have already spec'd a prop for a Vengeance with one.

Smackdaddy53 likes this.
  5. Matt Baldwin

Matt Baldwin Active Member

I have a BT Mosquito with an F70 Yamaha being delivered this week. Jack Foreman sent over what he believes to be the right prop for the motor. He said the F70 is super finicky to prop. It’s a 13P with his aggressive cupped design. I haven’t run it yet....I’ll let you know. He suggested strongly a cavitation plate and mounting the motor as high as possible on the jack plate. I guess it depends on what you are wanting to get out of it....but I am looking to run it skinny and have exceptional hole shot. I will give up a few MPH top end speed no problem to achieve this.

Attached Files:

6. Smackdaddy53

Smackdaddy53 Zephyr Cove is on FIRE!

He’s propped a few guy’s Mosquitos on this forum so you should have the correct prop.

7. Ryan in LA

Ryan in LA Active Member

I've considered the anti cav plate. Prob all that's needed as im hitting 6000 rpm easy and powertech confirmed I have the right prop.

I'm probably going to stay with what I have for a while.

Smackdaddy53 likes this.
  8. Smackdaddy53

Smackdaddy53 Zephyr Cove is on FIRE!

My buddy runs an F70 on his HPX-T and hits 6300rpm WOT. You don’t want too much pitch on those motors or it won’t perform as efficiently as it could due to the lack of low end torque.