Dedicated To The Smallest Of Skiffs banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Year in fishing with my Beavertail Micro, coming from gheenoes its a fantastic boat for fly fishing. Living somewhat near the lagoon I take her out every chance I can qnd it never disappoints!

I'm here looking to obtain new knowledge of fly fishing and experiences from others, can't ever learn enough! Here's my boat and a pic actually from yesterday fishing in a new area in Jacksonville. View attachment 189822 View attachment 189823 View attachment 189824
I love the way those boats look and their simplicity but still have some creature comforts. I too have a Gheenoe right now that will hopefully hold me over until next year. Enjoy!

·
Registered
50 Posts
That's always been my ultimate question on these kinds of boats. What if a summer storm whips up and you ventured out too far from the ramp. Thanks for the response.
Storms should be a concern for anyone running a skiff of any size because you really never know how bad it’s actually going to get. I personally would seek shoreline shelter if it’s not behind me and I can’t out run it. Been caught in boats bigger than the biggest skiff in the bay in storms that made us wish we’d stayed put until it blew over. Weather is certainly a real concern when running these micro skiffs.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts