Dedicated To The Smallest Of Skiffs banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
Beavertail Micro
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Year in fishing with my Beavertail Micro, coming from gheenoes its a fantastic boat for fly fishing. Living somewhat near the lagoon I take her out every chance I can qnd it never disappoints!

I'm here looking to obtain new knowledge of fly fishing and experiences from others, can't ever learn enough! Here's my boat and a pic actually from yesterday fishing in a new area in Jacksonville.
Water Vertebrate Sky Smile Fisherman
Water Sky Boat Watercraft Vehicle
Water Wheel Watercraft Water resources Boat

·
Registered
Beavertail Micro
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Welcome aboard. Former Micro owner here. They are cool little skiffs.
Thank you, and that they are, I wanted the mosquito as I see you have, its always been my dream boat but it wouldn't fit in my garage so had to make a sacrifice.

·
Registered
Beavertail Micro
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Welcome and I Just sold my 2020 Micro. Best Little skiff i have ever been on. Eats up chop for a little skiff and poled effortlessly. Sad to see her go, just needed a little more room.
Was yours the white one? If so man I tried getting that sold for you by 3 of my friends, none would commit.

·
Registered
Beavertail Micro
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I love the way those boats look and their simplicity but still have some creature comforts. I too have a Gheenoe right now that will hopefully hold me over until next year. Enjoy!
There are plenty of days I miss my LT10 but I do love this too, such q difficult decision haha.

·
Registered
Beavertail Micro
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I assume you run that boat in the irl? Do you have to pick your days, since we get whitecaps fairly often up in the North end of the irl?
I dont worry too much about the storms, don't mistake that for ignoring them but If one comes ill usually get close to shoreline qnd hang out till it passes then continue to fish. But it also handles some pretty decent white caps, one time I was cruising 25 in some heavy white caps and no issues, my fiance was gonna kill me if I didn't get back to the ramp, we were not prepared for rain lol.

·
Registered
Beavertail Micro
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Right now I'm in a little kayak and have to really plan my days in around wind and rain. 25 in white caps is very reasonable. Do you have a Bimini top now? Lol
Sorry never noticed this, yea I understand I used to kayak fish a lot! And no I do not have a Bimini, I thought about building one for it but just haven't gotten around to it yet.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts