Dedicated To The Smallest Of Skiffs banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
Beavertail Micro
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Year in fishing with my Beavertail Micro, coming from gheenoes its a fantastic boat for fly fishing. Living somewhat near the lagoon I take her out every chance I can qnd it never disappoints!

I'm here looking to obtain new knowledge of fly fishing and experiences from others, can't ever learn enough! Here's my boat and a pic actually from yesterday fishing in a new area in Jacksonville.
Water Vertebrate Sky Smile Fisherman
Water Sky Boat Watercraft Vehicle
Water Wheel Watercraft Water resources Boat

·
Registered
Beavertail Micro
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Welcome aboard. Former Micro owner here. They are cool little skiffs.
Thank you, and that they are, I wanted the mosquito as I see you have, its always been my dream boat but it wouldn't fit in my garage so had to make a sacrifice.

·
I Love microskiff.com!
33 Posts
Welcome and I Just sold my 2020 Micro. Best Little skiff i have ever been on. Eats up chop for a little skiff and poled effortlessly. Sad to see her go, just needed a little more room.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Year in fishing with my Beavertail Micro, coming from gheenoes its a fantastic boat for fly fishing. Living somewhat near the lagoon I take her out every chance I can qnd it never disappoints!

I'm here looking to obtain new knowledge of fly fishing and experiences from others, can't ever learn enough! Here's my boat and a pic actually from yesterday fishing in a new area in Jacksonville. View attachment 189822 View attachment 189823 View attachment 189824
I love the way those boats look and their simplicity but still have some creature comforts. I too have a Gheenoe right now that will hopefully hold me over until next year. Enjoy!

·
Registered
Beavertail Micro
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Welcome and I Just sold my 2020 Micro. Best Little skiff i have ever been on. Eats up chop for a little skiff and poled effortlessly. Sad to see her go, just needed a little more room.
Was yours the white one? If so man I tried getting that sold for you by 3 of my friends, none would commit.

·
Registered
Beavertail Micro
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I love the way those boats look and their simplicity but still have some creature comforts. I too have a Gheenoe right now that will hopefully hold me over until next year. Enjoy!
There are plenty of days I miss my LT10 but I do love this too, such q difficult decision haha.

·
Registered
Ocean kayak
1,194 Posts
Current BT Micro owner here, love this skiff. I'm in south Brevard County.
I assume you run that boat in the irl? Do you have to pick your days, since we get whitecaps fairly often up in the North end of the irl?

·
Registered
2020 BT Micro
202 Posts
I have not had it out on a day that I encountered whitcaps. Have run back to the ramp a few times in a moderate chop and I'm impressed with its capability and how dry it is.

·
Registered
Ocean kayak
1,194 Posts
I have not had it out on a day that I encountered whitcaps. Have run back to the ramp a few times in a moderate chop and I'm impressed with its capability and how dry it is.
That's always been my ultimate question on these kinds of boats. What if a summer storm whips up and you ventured out too far from the ramp. Thanks for the response.

·
Registered
48 Posts
That's always been my ultimate question on these kinds of boats. What if a summer storm whips up and you ventured out too far from the ramp. Thanks for the response.
Storms should be a concern for anyone running a skiff of any size because you really never know how bad it’s actually going to get. I personally would seek shoreline shelter if it’s not behind me and I can’t out run it. Been caught in boats bigger than the biggest skiff in the bay in storms that made us wish we’d stayed put until it blew over. Weather is certainly a real concern when running these micro skiffs.

·
Registered
Beavertail Micro
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I assume you run that boat in the irl? Do you have to pick your days, since we get whitecaps fairly often up in the North end of the irl?
I dont worry too much about the storms, don't mistake that for ignoring them but If one comes ill usually get close to shoreline qnd hang out till it passes then continue to fish. But it also handles some pretty decent white caps, one time I was cruising 25 in some heavy white caps and no issues, my fiance was gonna kill me if I didn't get back to the ramp, we were not prepared for rain lol.

·
Registered
Ocean kayak
1,194 Posts
I dont worry too much about the storms, don't mistake that for ignoring them but If one comes ill usually get close to shoreline qnd hang out till it passes then continue to fish. But it also handles some pretty decent white caps, one time I was cruising 25 in some heavy white caps and no issues, my fiance was gonna kill me if I didn't get back to the ramp, we were not prepared for rain lol.
Right now I'm in a little kayak and have to really plan my days in around wind and rain. 25 in white caps is very reasonable. Do you have a Bimini top now? Lol

1 - 20 of 20 Posts