Dedicated To The Smallest Of Skiffs banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm usually not one to ask, but I'm tired of getting skunked. Can anyone toss out some tips for fishing this area? I have been all over the Blythe island area and cannot figure these tides out. Only luck I have had is at dead low/incoming at the mouth of creeks off the main river, some small trout on top water and bluefish or stingrays on pooping corks. I really prefer artificials but at this point I'd soak bait to catch my first Ga red. Any tips would be great!

·
I Love microskiff.com!
893 Posts
Water is a little warm right now for inside fishing. This time of year incoming tide on edge of sound is place for keeper trout. In about a month when water cools and shrimp leave marsh it will be on for reds. This past flood tide should have been ok.

·
Registered
533 Posts
Yeah. It’s the temps. Lots of wind outta the east keeps the water really muddy too. We had success earlier in the year but have gotten skunked more than once as of late. Lots of people around here won’t even fish in the summer time. I fished high tide today and the water was nasty. Saw a few reds but couldn’t even get close to them for all the debris in the water.

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
That's crazy I wouldn't and clearly didn't think about the temp haha. So water closer to the beach in the hot months got it. Regardless I've had a blast exploring, never seen gar in saltwater before

·
Registered
950 Posts
They have been seeing some good schools of reds off the beach about a mile. It’s too hot to find any good life inshore and shallow. Deeper cuts/points right on the edge of the inter coastal will be hit and miss first thing in the morning. I’d be throwing gurglers and then dredging a clouser. Look for cooler water. Or just go off the beach and chase tripletails, reds, jacks, & poon.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.