Dedicated To The Smallest Of Skiffs banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
844 Posts
Congratulations! You are raising a hell of an outdoorsman.

He needs to sign up for another photo contest...

Happy New Year!

·
Registered
1999 Whipray, 2017 Tohatsu MFS50
739 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Very nice! Probably not his first I’m guessing.
Nope, he shot his first at 6 yrs old. He held the gun by himself, but had to sit in my lap to see out of the blind. He shot spikes and does the first few years, then last year his grandad let him shoot a nice 8pt. He’s been hunting this guy all season. He showed up a few times and didn’t give him a shot and we thought he was done for the year when he broke his arm last week, but he decided on his own he wanted to try shooting lefty. He had to use a sandbag gun rest to steady the gun because his right arm is in a cast above the elbow and he can’t even reach the front of the gun, but he got the heart and one lung at 97 yards from a tower blind.

First thing he asked me was if we could save the hide to tie flies

·
Banned
4,551 Posts
Nope, he shot his first at 6 yrs old. He held the gun by himself, but had to sit in my lap to see out of the blind. He shot spikes and does the first few years, then last year his grandad let him shoot a nice 8pt. He’s been hunting this guy all season. He showed up a few times and didn’t give him a shot and we thought he was done for the year when he broke his arm last week, but he decided on his own he wanted to try shooting lefty. He had to use a sandbag gun rest to steady the gun because his right arm is in a cast above the elbow and he can’t even reach the front of the gun, but he got the heart and one lung at 97 yards from a tower blind.

First thing he asked me was if we could save the hide to tie flies
Good stuff.

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
Nice Buck

When I was a kid we would go tarpon fishing in Boca Grande. I was about 11 or 12 at the time and had broken my arm earlier that year and had a forarm cast. It was my turn in the seat and I was determined to bring in a tarpon. Landed a 130lb as my first one. I still see that captain at the dock fairly often and he has told that story a thousand times by now.

·
Registered
980 Posts
My 14 yr old son pressure washed (remove fat) and tanned two of his hides last year, as well as did his own Euro mount. He's tying a bunch of flies now too. Sounds like you are raising him well! It's great to seem them get enthused about being outdoors.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts