Dedicated To The Smallest Of Skiffs banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a minn Kota 80 lb hand-control. I put it in reverse and now it will not come out. Even when in the forward gear it is spinning backwards. Any help?

·
Registered
4,550 Posts
If no one here responds call Minn Kota directly -they've got a good customer service reputation... If they can't help you they can still tell you where the nearest repair station is...

Good luck

·
Registered
6,405 Posts
It is a pretty simple setup...take the head cover off and ck where the handle moves the contact to switch between forward/rev..lil wd40 check tightness...a hail mary or 2

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It is a pretty simple setup...take the head cover off and ck where the handle moves the contact to switch between forward/rev..lil wd40 check tightness...a hail mary or 2
I took the top of it off and everything looked in place. It’ll go in forward but the prop just spins backwards

·
Registered
6,405 Posts
What happens when u put in reverse?
sounds like the wires got reversed?...or contacts have a corrosion bridge...

jiggle and jiggle again....look into the handle and see if stuf fis in place

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
What happens when u put in reverse?
sounds like the wires got reversed?...or contacts have a corrosion bridge...

jiggle and jiggle again....look into the handle and see if stuf fis in place
When I put it in reverse it says it reverse. Same as if I put it in forward the prop spins as in reverse. Was fishing and was trying to back out of some mangroves and went to put it in forward and wouldn’t go. Just like that it happened lol

·
Registered
6,405 Posts
When I put it in reverse it says it reverse. Same as if I put it in forward the prop spins as in reverse. Was fishing and was trying to back out of some mangroves and went to put it in forward and wouldn’t go. Just like that it happened lol
ck out the handles assembly....watch how it works when u turn it .....simple set up...inside there are "contacts" and the turning changes the commands .....money is on that

https://minnkotamotors.johnsonoutdo...ductManual/MIN_productmanual_Maxxum-80-HC.pdf

1 - 10 of 10 Posts