Dedicated To The Smallest Of Skiffs banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is what it says in the ENP website:

All backcountry campsites are open! Broad Creek and "The Nightmare" between the Broad River chickee and Harney River chickee are impassable. Check back for updates on campsite status. Hazard cleanup and repairs are ongoing in the backcountry. Please continue to use caution as there are underwater hazards and missing or damaged navigational markers.

So did they make the Broad River ground site into a chickee? When I was there earlier this year, the Broad River camp site was pretty messed up.

·
Registered
514 Posts
Probably a typo or they meant Roger River bay chickee.
Haven't been down that way since February of this year and agree it was a messed up.

·
Registered
4,441 Posts
You might call Andy Novak at LMR Custom Rods since he really knows that area and has a wide circle of friends that camp every year in that area (from Willy Willy to Camp Lonesome). If you can get hold of him - tell him I said Hi... (954) 525-2592

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
You might call Andy Novak at LMR Custom Rods since he really knows that area and has a wide circle of friends that camp every year in that area (from Willy Willy to Camp Lonesome). If you can get hold of him - tell him I said Hi... (954) 525-2592
I will. Thanks

·
Registered
514 Posts
realistically do you think they just propped up a chickee in the Broad River in 10 months?
Hell it took the park 3 years to rebuild the dock at Lostmans 5 and Willy Willy.
Lots of red tape, permits and the Army Corp of Engineers involvement to just rebuild the dock at Willy Willy. Someone sitting behind a desk, obviously messed up.

When you going down that way?

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
realistically do you think they just propped up a chickee in the Broad River in 10 months?
Hell it took the park 3 years to rebuild the dock at Lostmans 5 and Willy Willy.
Lots of red tape, permits and the Army Corp of Engineers involvement to just rebuild the dock at Willy Willy. Someone sitting behind a desk, obviously messed up.

When you going down that way?
You're right. I don't know why I was thinking logically about it. I'm surprised that they have gotten all the backcountry sites up, it has only been a year and half.
I'll be down there end of January.

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'll be there early February. Some great fishing down that way.
Yeah, I love it out there. I spent 5 days out there last March. But I was on Highlands Beach for 2 days because none of the backcountry sites were open. Although I did see people camping on the chickees anyway

·
Registered
4,495 Posts
Just go into the 10 k islands outside of the park ( just north). No camping limitations camp where you want as long as you want same fish no BS park rules.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts