Brand new Yamaha 90 2 stroke for sale.

Discussion in 'Misc for Sale' started by Matthew Gordon, Feb 8, 2018.

1. sjrobin

sjrobin I Love microskiff.com!

Dam it man, sell your F70 and buy the contraband two-stroke 90. It would be awesome on your Pro and you might feel better about the energy industry.

flysalt060 and Blackdog317 like this.
  2. commtrd

commtrd I Love microskiff.com!

1: I feel just fine about the energy industry like I feel just fine about the US gov. Made my living for the last 38 years either offshore production or in the plants. Obviously lived in the US since my conception.

2: A person has to be consciously oblivious to the truth to not see what is happening.

3: Example is the Everglades situation. There are problems there based on a collusion of big sugar with state gov. Killing the ecosystem is the result. So do peeps just excuse this with apathy until it is too late? What about illegal mass immgration across porous (at best) borders?

Anyway could go on and on but back to the contraband OB. Insufficient funds right here at tax time and besides I am busy starting another business so the funds must be allocated much more wisely. The F70 on my boat runs fine just performance is not like a 2 stroke. The F70 stays put for now and life goes on. A re-power is just not a priority at this time. As little time as I get to spend fishing it is a total non-issue. BUT a 90 2 stroke would be tits...

3. Backwater

Backwater Fly Fishing Shaman

That doc pertains to "motor vehicles (cars, trucks and such)" where they are used on D.O.T. roads (where they are subject to excise taxes, highway use taxes and EPA standards), not non-commercial marine outboard engines for personal use. Again, this guy is not indicating he purchased it outside of the country, "separately" from his boat with the intention on re-marketing here in the U.S.. He just purchased a boat outside of the country for his personal use, when he was outside of the country. Then had it delivered to the States as his personal property/personal boat, then later decided to sell the outboard for whatever reason. There is nothing illegal about that.

Now then, if he was continuing to do that as an on-going business, then there would be a problem there.

The pot.

Last edited: Feb 13, 2018 at 9:58 AM
    Smackdaddy53 and commtrd like this.
  4. commtrd

5. Smackdaddy53

Smackdaddy53 Zephyr Cove is on FIRE!

This motor is probably long gone already and the new owner is enjoying a light, powerful and very reliable outboard while we fuss about it for several days on end like a bunch of old hens at the beauty salon.

6. commtrd

7. C_Wheeler

C_Wheeler I Love microskiff.com!

After reading that I feel like I got my forums mixed up and I'm on The Hull Truth site.

8. commtrd

Cerebrally stimulating though wasn't it?
    =)

9. devrep

devrep Well-Known Member

all this crap because people are compelled to perform a "public service" by being a busy body on someone else's for sale thread. So much for the one way trip advice at the top of classifieds section warning about jumping in on someone's for sale thread. It's the outboard motor cartel bringing yamaha's into the country by submersible and murdering dozens of people in the process. We need a war on 2 strokes. Oh wait...we already have that.

10. zmgsvt

zmgsvt I Love microskiff.com!

11. devrep

devrep Well-Known Member

if there are half as many Obama plants in the epa as there are in the justice dept its only a matter of time.

12. Stevie

Stevie Well-Known Member

Mind numbing actually.

I’m a laissez faire kind of guy. Love the Yami 2 bangers. But...

- I’m currently rehabing a Mirage 1 - we sold its 93 Yami 2 stroke 90. The skiff is going to Mexico. Plenty of 2 strokes there. My plan is to repower with F70.

- My guide in Bahamas also runs a Mirage 1. He always had the Yami 85 with preblend oil... that’s how a 2 stroke should sound purrrr and smell pewwwy... same block as the Inshore 90 2 stroke. Last year he repowered the Mirage with a F70. It’s lighter and almost has the same top speed.

Go figure

sjrobin likes this.
  13. commtrd

One other issue no one mentions is what happens when the water passages in the block start to get plugged up. It is quite a bit more labor intensive to pull the valve train off to try to remove the deposits on the 4 stroke engine. Which seem to develop no matter what treatment is used. Religiously using Salt Away or similar after every trip so hopefully that keeps it at bay for a good long time but still...

14. sjrobin

You really should sell the crappy F70 and buy that legal and much better 90hp two-cycle in the Corpus Christi Craigslist.

flysalt060 and not2shabby like this.
  15. RunningOnEmpty

RunningOnEmpty I Love microskiff.com!

List it as a parts only motor. Problem solved.

16. commtrd

Thanks for the snidely comments. As mentioned before the "crappy" F70 stays put for now. Boat motor and trailer are paid for and work fine. No incentive to change a thing so is that clear enough?

Later with expected massively increased cash flow other options may be considered.

EdK13, sjrobin and Smackdaddy53 like this.
  17. sjrobin

Good luck to you in your new business venture Keith. This forum is a good place to vent.