Dedicated To The Smallest Of Skiffs banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
I Love microskiff.com!
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a Bote gatorshell SUP and got into an oyster bed yesterday. I got a few pretty good scrapes on the bottom. I have helicopter tape on the front part and sides. But the oysters ate right through that. Has anyone applied anything to the bottom of their board to help protect it? I was thinking about trying clear flex seal. Thanks for any suggestions.

·
Registered
779 Posts
Oyster scrape can be a pita, but are part of fishing shallow areas with them...

Gator Guards makes a couple diffent pruducts you may waht to look at. They are not invisible but are pliable for non flat surface's... I've used the fiberglass version on a canoe and they are tuff as nails, also know a couple people who have installed and happy with the version made for roto-molded poly kayaks. Not sure which would be better for the Bote GatorShell product material, but perhaps you could contact bothe Bote and Gator Guards and get advice, i'd guess the product for roto-molded poly would do the trick.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.