Dedicated To The Smallest Of Skiffs banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking at a used boat. It's listed as a 2013 Bonefish Bohemian but when I go to NADA it is saying the Bohemain wasn't made in 2013 and only lists the Back Country. Can anyone shed some light and the differences between the two models?
Thanks,
Todd

·
I Love microskiff.com!
383 Posts
Do you have any pictures of the boat? You are correct that the Bohemian was not produced in 2013. Is the boat you are looking at a tunnel/modified cat hull?

·
Registered
Beavertail Strike
24 Posts
Looking at a used boat. It's listed as a 2013 Bonefish Bohemian but when I go to NADA it is saying the Bohemain wasn't made in 2013 and only lists the Back Country. Can anyone shed some light and the differences between the two models?
Thanks,
Todd
There's also a 2012 bohemian for sale so I'd assume they were making them in 2013. In my experience NADA is awful when it comes to keeping track of skiffs and skiff makers and presenting a value even close to what they are worth. When it doubt a quick call to the mfg wouldn't hurt! They should be able to give you they best list of differences between the 2 skiffs as well.

·
Registered
Beavertail Strike
24 Posts
@windblows very interesting you're definitely right on that late 2013 date. That 2012 must either be a later year or not a bonefish build. Definitely a good reason to always call the mfg when looking at their skiffs IMO.

·
Brandon, FL
9,905 Posts
The ORIGINAL Bohemian boat build was documented on this forum. Don't know how many were built but it was not very many.

See if you can find it.

Also, it is doubtful if NADA has any reliable data for a low volume builder such as Bohemian.

Similar situation of Man-O-War boats. Phenomenal boats, super low volume - sold molds to Gauss Boats.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks all, the listing says 2013 with a 2019 engine. They're asking NADA value for a 2017 with 2019 engine. I'll see if the link will post.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ah, my bad, it's a 2012. So a Bohemian Boat Works made.
Any idea what a well kept with 2019 Yamaha 70 is worth?

·
Brandon, FL
9,905 Posts
Don't take this the wrong way but the value is what someone is willing to pay. The boat is well designed and well made. The engine is also good.

You are hung up on what some data collection company is telling you what it is worth. If you like it then buy it.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Is this hull is the Shipoke hull.
No

And the original Bohemian was a sweet boat built by a former Yellowfin guy. Cool materials in the construction, too. Just realize that it’s not a super well known boat, so it’s going to be tough to sell down the road (been there done that). What are they asking? Feel free to PM me if you don’t want to post the price publicly.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Hi @rkmurphy526 thanks. They are asking $30k. I don't think anything has been updated but it's been well cared for and a year old F70 on it. Was the max hp 115hp on these like the current Bonefish build?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts