Dedicated To The Smallest Of Skiffs banner

Bohemian 17 back in Production

1833 Views 29 Replies 14 Participants Last post by  Catch Up
I think I accidentally posted about this in the wrong Location earlier today. However, there has been a question or two floating around about the Bonefish Bohemian 17 molds and where they ended up. They were acquired a little less than a year ago and have been getting worked on and some slight improvements have been made to an already really great skiff. Hull #1 is getting finished up now and is about to go to rigging. Here are a few teaser pics. If any questions, I should be able to answer.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

· Registered
160 Posts
I don't think Bonefish boats is operational anymore. I know the molds were sold to a local Tampa boat dealer and I'm not sure what the story is after that. They definitely are not producing the skiff anymore.

· I Love microskiff.com!
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
@tortuga designed that hull way back in the day. He built them super light.

I'm glad to see it back in action.

Curious how it runs in a chop with that step. Most stepped boats dislike not being on plane.
Ya. It was designed originally by a gentleman named Robert who now works for a bigger boat company. He has actually been in contact a bit with us and has given us some insight on his original lamination schedule. We were lucky to find the molds to purchase and our opinion is that this particular hull didn't get the exposure or chance that it should have. If you have never gotten to ride on one of these hulls, they are really impressive and handle big water unbelievably. I personally was very surprised as well that it poled as quiet as it does based on the fact that there are chines on the bottom, but the sit under the water line and its silent. Great design.

( I added a shot of the mold so you can kind if see the step design, I don't have a proper shot of the step on the hull yet)

Attachments

· I Love microskiff.com!
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I don't think Bonefish boats is operational anymore. I know the molds were sold to a local Tampa boat dealer and I'm not sure what the story is after that. They definitely are not producing the skiff anymore.
Correct. Bonefish is no longer producing the Bohemian. Bonefish sold. We were able to purchase the Bohemian molds and are working with a gentleman out of Lakeland to produce them again (vacuum infusion). A new taller console has been designed along with a few other minor modifications. Hull #1 will be in rigging next week.

· I Love microskiff.com!
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I heard the owners of Boat and Motor Super store bought the Bohemian and Hill Tide molds.
Yep they bought Bonefish and Sabalo boat works and will be producing the Bonefish Malvado 26 and the Sabalo 27. We purchased the Bohemian molds from them. They no longer wanted to be in the skiff market. Im not sure if you have ever gotten the opportunity to ride or fish a Bohemian but the hull is too good not to be in production. It eats up chop, pretty impressive for its size.

· Rex Kwan Do Dojo
3,100 Posts
Ya. It was designed originally by a gentleman named Robert who now works for a bigger boat company. He has actually been in contact a bit with us and has given us some insight on his original lamination schedule. We were lucky to find the molds to purchase and our opinion is that this particular hull didn't get the exposure or chance that it should have. If you have never gotten to ride on one of these hulls, they are really impressive and handle big water unbelievably. I personally was very surprised as well that it poled as quiet as it does based on the fact that there are chines on the bottom, but the sit under the water line and its silent. Great design.

( I added a shot of the mold so you can kind if see the step design, I don't have a proper shot of the step on the hull yet)
Robert was a forum member on here and went by skinny_water. Not to be confused with other forum member skinny_waters. Lol. Good to hear he’s still making boats.

· I Love microskiff.com!
630 Posts
Thanks for the clarification, vega. Did you purchase the Inshore 18 mold by any chance? Would love to know where that ended up.

Reactions: SkiffaDeeDooDah

· I Love microskiff.com!
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Thanks for the clarification, vega. Did you purchase the Inshore 18 mold by any chance? Would love to know where that ended up.
No we didn't. Just the Bohemian molds. Just want to focus on the one hull and work out the small kinks on the one for the time being. I know one of the guys that was working on those however, I'll poke around and see what I can find out.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts