Dedicated To The Smallest Of Skiffs banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have two questions. 1. Running and starting in shallow areas over sand how does your water pump impeller hold. 2. On tunnel hull boats with motor run very high like a hpx-t where on the jp do you loose water pressure. I feel that Smacks low water pick up is the answer, but I
don't have the room on my transom and I don't like the idea of putting the pick-up above the tunnel. What is your experience. Thanks

G

·
Bob’s nosecones are great. Have had many installed for customers over the years. Impellers hold up just as well as without a nosecone. Sand will chew up an impeller and liner no matter how it gets in there. Change the impeller annually and new liner by annually whether needed or not and you won’t have a problem.

·
I Love microskiff.com!
3,605 Posts
Bob’s nosecones are great. Have had many installed for customers over the years. Impellers hold up just as well as without a nosecone. Sand will chew up an impeller and liner no matter how it gets in there. Change the impeller annually and new liner by annually whether needed or not and you won’t have a problem.
What liner are you referring to? I am not familiar with this

·
Registered
1,961 Posts
What liner are you referring to? I am not familiar with this

Impeller housing. I always buy the "kit". Your'e dropping the lower unit anyway, so why not change the whole thing is my approach.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts