Dedicated To The Smallest Of Skiffs banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
I Love microskiff.com!
2,098 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had two stainless steel BoatBuckle transom tie downs installed on my Ram-Lin trailer. This is an awesome product. But, last weekend when I got home from a day on the water, one of them was missing; the other was loose. So, I had to order a replacement (unfortunately, did not find an option to purchase a single, so had to buy a new set for $100). I tried to install one earlier this week and had a major problem with the bolt and nut that was included in the package: it locked up before being fulling tightened --- and I really struggled to get it off and replace it. Now I know why the original BoatBuckle was lost and why the 2nd one was lose. I suggest you throw the stock hardware away and buy some new stainless steel ones. And, get stainless steel lock washers as well.

Now for the prop's to BoatBuckle. I emailed the company and sent a picture of the defective bolt. I had a response the next day, with a commitment to send me a new single stainless steel BoatBuckle for my trouble. The Customer Project Coordinator thanked me for advising them of this issue and acknowledged they had some issues with older lots of stainless steel hardware and have since been shipping a different set of stainless steel hardware with the newer lots. Still, I would purchase high quality stainless steel hardware to secure this very well made product. View attachment 7731

·
Zephyr Cove is on FIRE!
13,297 Posts
I have had stainless boat buckles on my other trailer for about three years and they look and function like new. CorrosionX and clean water do wonders.
Stainless bolts and nuts will gall up if barely cross threaded, have burrs on the threads or overtightened.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts