Dedicated To The Smallest Of Skiffs banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
689 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm fairly new to this boating thing - just got my boat this past summer and decided it was time to give a little love to my motor. Only problem is that I'm (was) clueless about outboard motors. So I got with forum member boatbrains to show me the ropes. We did a pretty thorough going over of the motor - spark plugs, gear oil, water pump, engine oil, thermostat, fuel filter. There were no problems with the motor, but everything we touched definitely needed changing. Also did some other inspections - removed the prop and checked for wrapped up fishing line, adjusted the idle a little bit, and removed a old broken off impeller wing from a water line!

If you're new to boating like me, I would thoroughly recommend that you try to learn some of the maintenance that you can on your own motor. It sort of helps make it feel like it's yours, and it's a big confidence boost. Plus it was actually pretty fun.

Thanks, Boatbrains, for sharing some of your knowledge with me and my son. You're absolutely an asset to this forum and our community.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts