Dedicated To The Smallest Of Skiffs banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone and let me go ahead and thank anyone in advance that offers their opinion. So I found a 2015 Action Craft that the dealer has had since November 2014! It has been sitting outside the entire time except for a 8 month span where it was in a showroom at the dealers 2nd location as it was selling where it was. Since then 2015 it has had 4 different motors.... as they had a sell for the motor but not the boat. Now it has the fifth one a 2018 motor. I haven’t seen the boat but probably will this week so i’ll know more then about the condition. The salesman said that they recently had it ceramic coated. Certainly there must be some deterioration of gel coat, hoses, wiring and upholstery. But in a best case scenario what would be your concerns, and what kind of discount would be proportional? A new AC 1600 is
$32,000 similarly equipped..... my concern is that I am quite OCD about my stuff but if the discount is enough maybe then it might be worth it. What do you guys think?

G

·
Do not pay full price for that boat and trailer! It might not have been registered but if they used it for a demo then it’s had fuel in the tank and hoses, the wiring has been exposed to the environment as has the rest of the boat! The trailer tires have to have flat spots and starting to dry. I can keep goin but won’t, you’ll be buying a never registered or titled “used” boat... Check nada and offer what you are comfortable paying knowing all that. Remember, once you sign those papers it’s your 4yr old boat and if you decide to sell... well, it’s already 4yrs old! Hope that helps without sounding too negative!

·
I Love microskiff.com!
378 Posts
What’s their story on the manufacturers warranty both trailer and boat?
JC

G

·
What’s their story on the manufacturers warranty both trailer and boat?
JC
The warranty won’t change the fact that it’s 4yrs old, just gives piece of mind. Again, resale is the big ? Because those times when ya need or want to sell something tend to come without warning!

·
Registered
3,339 Posts
Not worth anymore than a used one from that year. Maybe less than a maintained used one. However wiring is probably better than one used in saltwater. New fuel lines and tank clean/check. New steering cable as grease is probably dried up.

·
I Love microskiff.com!
1,451 Posts
What boatbrains said. It is a 4 year old boat so will value for what other 4 year old sister ships are selling for.

·
Registered
573 Posts
Assuming it comes with a full hull/motor warranty, treat it like a demo boat. Worth more than a used boat from the same time but not by much. At this point you probably have the dealer over a barrel since they haven't been able to sell it in years and it is taking up inventory space. Most would likely sell it below cost just to move it.

·
Registered
748 Posts
You said you are OCD about your stuff, so I would pass. If the discount reflected the value the boat would not have been sitting around for 4 years. There is always someone looking for a deal and in 4 years not one buyer decided to buy this boat over a new AC.

·
I Love microskiff.com!
378 Posts
Probably the boat hasn’t sold because the dealer has never come to grips with the reality of what it’s actually worth, which just keeps moving downward. If he were smart he’d blow it out cheap before it goes down more.
JC

·
I Love microskiff.com!
1,185 Posts
Upholstery will be shot due to UV.

Reactions: flysalt060

·
Registered
29 Posts
Lol it’s probably San Carlos marine in Fort Myers. In 1999 they had a 1620 all decked and amazing. They would never come off the price and I think they sat on it for 3 or 4 years.

·
Registered
640 Posts
My last bass boat was a new, 2-yr old leftover. I bought it at about 1/3 off of retail price. There were some other factors too (dealer was bleeding money and defaulted on his floor plan - bank then owned the boats). I got a hell of a deal on a boat I otherwise probably couldn't have afforded. Like the one you're looking it, it had a motor or two mounted then sold but no motor at the time. I sourced a motor elsewhere.

I only had one weather- related issue. Apparently the boat had some water in the livewell at some point. And froze. Had to replace a hose and valve. Not really a big deal.

Can't really attest to retail. That boat was totaled 2 years later. After fighting with the insurance company, they paid out what the boat was worth, not what I paid for it. (Meaning they cut me a check for more than I had invested in the boat).

I say buy it if you can get a steal of a deal. But only after you inspect it like you would a used one.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts