Dedicated To The Smallest Of Skiffs banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
I Love microskiff.com!
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fellow Members,
I am in need of a place to get some fiberglass work done (Spider Cracks, etc) and just some small cosmetic work on the boat. Anyone have suggestions. I live in Riverview, FL so I could go north or south in this area.

Thnks

·
Brandon, FL
10,944 Posts
Boat Doctor over in Drew Park (North of the stadium)

Might check out Sanchez Brothers in Ruskin. Don't know if they are glassing these days but a phone call wouldn't hurt.

·
Soy un Perdedor
2,615 Posts
Prices fairly reasonable? I am reading some reviews and it looks like many say Ben does great work!
Ben built a Sheaffer tower boat for me a few years ago. On visits during the build I saw a good number of repairs and restorations being done. Probably one of the best shops in all of FL if not the entire South East.

Not the cheapest by any means but if you want the best, gotta be prepared to pay a bit more.

·
I Love microskiff.com!
3,504 Posts
If you need glass or gel repairs, I've had a good experience with J. Ryan Marine Fiberglass Repair & Restoration.

I got the rec myself from a well known local guide and know several others who have used him. He's the first person I'll call the next time I need work done...

·
Registered
193 Posts
If you need glass or gel repairs, I've had a good experience with J. Ryan Marine Fiberglass Repair & Restoration.

I got the rec myself from a well known local guide and know several others who have used him. He's the first person I'll call the next time I need work done...
I second this. Hard to beat the pricing, too.

·
I Love microskiff.com!
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ben built a Sheaffer tower boat for me a few years ago. On visits during the build I saw a good number of repairs and restorations being done. Probably one of the best shops in all of FL if not the entire South East.

Not the cheapest by any means but if you want the best, gotta be prepared to pay a bit more.
Not saying I don't want to spend the money but I do have an older skiff but just want to get her a little face lift. Just some small touch up work etc. I'll give these places a call and see what happens. Any others pop up please let me know !

1 - 8 of 8 Posts