Dedicated To The Smallest Of Skiffs banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
I Love microskiff.com!
474 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone using Soft Science shoes care to give a review/opinion ? Looking at purchasing a pair of deck shoes and came across their add.

·
Registered
618 Posts
Search for "Fins" or 'Soft Science" along with "krash" and you'll get my opinion a few times.

Slippery when wet, but not as you'd expect.

·
I Love microskiff.com!
474 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Glad I asked before I pulled the trigger and ordered a pair. I really like the style of their Fin 2.0 and SS SailFin. Looking at the Sperry Sea Kite Mocs but they're practically twice the price.

·
I Love microskiff.com!
680 Posts
Soft science basically feel like ice skates when deck is wet. Get you some Olukai boat sneakers. Best shoe I’ve found to date and easy to slip on and off quickly when fold down back. Link to the ones I have and they are on sale.
https://m.shoes.com/olukai-nohea-mo...t5pNULQGLthouT8yMyQaApiwEALw_wcB&gclsrc=aw.ds
Wore them for the first time yesterday and they are Sooooooo much better that Soft Science. First time in a long time that my feet didn't hurt at the end of the day.

·
Premium Member
1,496 Posts
I like the sperry billfish,more support than olukai The olukai I have held too much water ,feet stayed wet ,punched drain holes & they are somewhat better. Turned them into yard boots

·
I Love microskiff.com!
1,717 Posts
Soft science is my favorite. Not sure where this slippery thing is coming from. Mine aren't. Do you guys have non-skid? btw. I have all the ones mentioned.

·
I Love microskiff.com!
1,717 Posts
Soft science is my favorite. Not sure where this slippery thing is coming from. Mine aren't. Do you guys have non-skid? btw. I have all the ones mentioned.
Thanks for reminding me about these btw. I needed a new pair. They are on sale in the clearance area for 25% off! Just picked up a third pair!

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
I can confirm the Soft Science Fin 2.0 definitely runs small. I usually where 12 to 13. Ordered a 13 and it was too snug. Sent back and going to a 14.

·
Registered
928 Posts
How are the Olukai's as to support? I bought a pair of the Columbia top sider style and they are not bad but not perfect. I'm tall with a bad lower back so like some cushion. All the other Columbia's have basically no support, IMO.

Reactions: Fishshoot

·
Registered
831 Posts
Olukai definitely better support than columbia, at least the columbias I have had. My only complaint with olukai is that they are somewhat wide for my foot, I solve that with aftermarket insoles. I either use olukai or a lightweight new balance sneaker. I use insoles with both, standing on casting or poling platform without good arch support destroys my back.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts