Dedicated To The Smallest Of Skiffs banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
306 Posts
I’m about to order a second pair. I wear the “Fin 3.0”. They are the lightest and most comfortable boat shoes I’ve ever worn. And, I’ve had several surgeries on both of my feet including skin grafts. They’re available online.

·
I Love microskiff.com!
3,254 Posts
The Olukai Nohea slip ons are the best I've found...and I've tried a few while spending 6-8 hours on the poling platform or casting platform.

When they start smelling worse than the mangroves I just pull the insoles out and toss them all in the washing machine on a hand wash cycle. Let them air dry and good as new.

·
Registered
306 Posts
I’m about to order a second pair. I wear the “Fin 3.0”. They are the lightest and most comfortable boat shoes I’ve ever worn. And, I’ve had several surgeries on both of my feet including skin grafts. They’re available online.
I’m gonna give them a shot, how’s the sizing? Run big or small?
Run true to men’s sizes.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Crboggs
I love olukai products and have multiple pairs of thier shoes. I’m gonna tr and find some at a local store to try on. Just sucks. I remember the days of poling the lagoon from sun up to sundown with no problems now after 5 hours I feel it the next day. Kinda like drinkin

·
Registered
616 Posts
I would have to disagree about the Soft Science running true to size unless you have wide feet.
I wear a standard size 9 sneaker ,although for comparison I find that Nike and Puma are a little tight at first, but I find the relaxed fit of Sketchers to be a bit loose.
Read carefully the Soft Science says "generous fit" on the Fins. I have a pair specifically purchased to wear on the boat... and for sure they are very comfortable, drain good, don't mark up the fiberglass, and have a great grip on shinney wet surface's.
BUT I find the foot bed, especially the front half (toe end) to be wide, and when they are wet inside it's not a secure fit, that trielon removable inner liner is very slippery. If you are leaning on an off balanced surface your/my feet slip forward in the shoe jamming the toes forward in the tose box quickly loosing your balance point.

·
Zero Interest
313 Posts
So I’m not 21 anymore and standing barefooted all day on poling platform just isn’t working out. Looking for a good support/breathable shoe. Thanks
Feel your pain.. the days I can walk barefoot all day are long gone..

I was wearing drainmakers for the longest time until I picked up a pair of olukai's. I now have a pair of the alapa and alapa li. One pair for the boat and the other for everything else.

·
I Love microskiff.com!
3,254 Posts
If you stand and drive a tiller around all day, you never really sit down at all.

I may actually add a helm pad to good shoes. *lol*

·
I Love microskiff.com!
214 Posts
Do the Olukai’s not retain water? I ordered a pair and was really impressed by how comfortable they are. However, I ultimately returned them because I read a lot of reviews that they got waterlogged and took forever to dry out. Inevitably, I manage to dunk my foot somehow during the day.

·
Registered
6,248 Posts
I just bought a pair of soft sci. lace ups because my back has been killing me.....the pain is going away.They are wide up front which is what I need from to many yrs in sandals.

Also, I like the shimano evairs.

1 - 20 of 51 Posts