Dedicated To The Smallest Of Skiffs banner

Boat shipper/hauler

1077 Views 9 Replies 6 Participants Last post by  txredfly
Ft. Lauderdale to Boatbrains in Homosassa

There was a gentleman named Doug who was recommended here. Hauls for Chittum I think it was said. I had his number but can't find it and searching the threads came up empty.

If anyone has his number or another referral it would be much appreciated.

TIA
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
1,272 Posts
I've used Doug Smith for 3 hauls and highly recommend him. He seems to care about the skiffs and does a great job.
Best,
Matt

· Registered
1,272 Posts
I would call him and get a quote. It depends on his other trips and timing. I paid between 1000-1200, plus a tip, depending on one way vs round trip, etc.

· Registered
1,272 Posts
You can get multiple bids on USHIP, but you have to read the reviews, be sure they are insured etc. Also, buying a skiff used from FL was a bit of a pain as they don’t title the engine or something and you have to do all your homework as to paperwork and have a cooperative seller. I think TX required a bill of laden. I called TPW to get every thing in order first. Doable but I know one guy who had wait over a month to get his HB properly titled from FL purchase.
Best,
Matt

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.