Dedicated To The Smallest Of Skiffs banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Someone recently sold a Hell's Bay Waterman with these seats on it. I was unable to get him to respond when a couple of us asked about them (not sure why). Does anyone have any information or a similar set up? I'm about to start a Heron 16 build, and I'm pretty sure this is the only set up that would work due to size limits on the back deck. I'd love to have some back support if possible, so any help would be appreciated.

·
Brandon, FL
10,938 Posts
The seat itself looks like that, but that product attaches to regular hardware. It's really about the hardware used to connect the seat to the deck. It looks like some type of slide hinge, but I just can't tell. I'll check with HB, but it appears to be aftermarket. Thanks though.
If you zoom in it looks to be a one off job. Four rivets for each.

Looks like you could mount a hinge with a long tab through some sort of bracket.

Can't believe someone does not know this boat and can answer your question.

·
I Love microskiff.com!
1,210 Posts
In the thread the guys buddy spelled it out pretty good. Find similar fasteners and your in business. Only thing I didn’t see is i would want to see seadeck on the bottom or the mounting pads.

·
Registered
973 Posts
Don’t know if it’d work better for you, but I use a fold-down backrest mounted off the poling platform. It provides back support for those long runs and folds up to the platform when I need to open the hatch or step/stand on the deck. I absolutely wouldn’t have another skiff without it.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Mike,
I am looking for a seat to put on my 16 Skull Island Skiff and came across your post. This would be perfect. Did you find out the brand or maker of this setup? What setup up.did you go with?

·
Registered
4,738 Posts
I’ve been going direct to Tempress (tempress.com) for more than ten years now - with very good results.

I use three of the navistyle seats across the rear deck of my old Maverick (center one on a slider) and get three years out of a set in very hard commercial service. I figure a recreational user should get more than twice as long service...

·
Registered
4,738 Posts
Another guide the other day at a boat ramp called them “Cadillac seats”...

Yeah, they’re that comfortable... if you have the room for them.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts