Dedicated To The Smallest Of Skiffs banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a house in Keaton beach on the same canal the public boat ramp also accesses. Loaded boat up to go do some trout and redfishing and stay at my place for the weekend. Also because fishing is still deemed appropriate to due during this Corona Outbreak and without it I would go batshit. Well, they have deputies parked at the ramp and have it shut down. Seems the county commissioners voted to shut down all public boat ramps in Taylor County. So if you don't have your boat on a lift your screwed. I hope some serious changes are made next election. Closing down ramps is a little ridiculous, even after the Governor said fishing was still authorized.

·
I Love microskiff.com!
3,101 Posts
Well, they have deputies parked at the ramp and have it shut down. Seems the county commissioners voted to shut down all public boat ramps in Taylor County. So if you don't have your boat on a lift your screwed. I hope some serious changes are made next election. Closing down ramps is a little ridiculous, even after the Governor said fishing was still authorized.
I would blame the asshats out there still rafting up before I blamed anyone...

They are the ones ruining things for everyone else.

·
Registered
941 Posts
And Taylor County is one of the few remaining holdout counties with no confirmed cases. Makes no sense to me. You gotta find a private ramp or a place where you can dry launch.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Anyone know any private ramps near Keaton Beach, Deckle Beach area in the Big Bend

·
Registered
233 Posts
This is just up the road from Keaton. Can’t confirm if it’s closed but it’s just a primitive dirt ramp so I would think not.
08C8A533-9654-4164-BCC7-8503DF210068.png

1 - 11 of 11 Posts