Dedicated To The Smallest Of Skiffs banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
You got to get burned to learn
504 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
With news that all NSB boat ramps are closed as of 3/25 (correction they said they are reopening as of 3/26) See post below for ramps that are open) I thought maybe it would be a good idea to start a thread so all of us know where to go if we want to fish.

Posting Rules
1. List Name of the ramp ie Riverbreeze Park
2. List the City and State of the ramp ie Oakhill Floriday
3. List the status and dates if you know them ie Closed 3/25 to TBD

Moderator request to please make a sticky

·
I Love microskiff.com!
46 Posts
Bishop Harbor primitive ramp and all Manatee County public ramps
Manatee County/Palmetto, Florida
Closed as of 3/26, Open TBD

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
Okaloosa County ramps, which include Destin and Fort Walton Beach, are all open. County Commissioners say they have no plans to close the ramps. Here, instead of closing ramps if people are rafting up at our sandbar (Crab Island), they are talking about shutting down Crab Island.

·
Registered
3,859 Posts
Cedar Key city ramp was open as of sunday, but I got an email saying the closed off the entire island to visitors on Monday. Marion County freshwater ramps are all open as of yesterday (not that I would know firsthand, as I was diligently working from home).

·
You got to get burned to learn
504 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
just a heads up for anyone planning to fish here, there is nowhere in Port to launch. Chained shut as of late last night. Locals can’t launch either. The covered boat slips will likely be locked down shortly, if politicians on the Navigation District board deem it necessary. At the moment, guides are forbidden from taking customers out. Paradoxically, the ramps are wide open on South Padre and everybody is fishing. Don’t ask what I think of this ! Seymour

·
Registered
314 Posts
Broward county closed their boat ramps,but don't appear to be inforcing it on the freshwater ramps on I-75 out by the Indian reservation. And as of yesterday, the private ramps at Chokoloski were open.
I'm in North Broward. The ramp out at the end of Lox road was open today and there were a couple of trailers parked there. It's not Flamingo, but it's a beautiful preserve to float around and catch bass in.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts