Dedicated To The Smallest Of Skiffs banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all,

I will be purchasing a boat/motor/trailer (private sale) from out of state and wanted some information as to what I will need to have in order to transfer the afore mentioned title and registration of all. Thanks for any and all information.

·
Registered
6,913 Posts
Hey all,

I will be purchasing a boat/motor/trailer (private sale) from out of state and wanted some information as to what I will need to have in order to transfer the afore mentioned title and registration of all. Thanks for any and all information.
is the boat coming from a title state

·
Registered
6,913 Posts
Boat and motor are yes.

In Fl, you title the boat.
So you need a boat title signed over to you and a bill of sale would not hurt ...identifying the seller preferable w/ a DL number,,,,,,,,not necessary but it is coming from out of state.
Motors don't get titled in Fl..
Always CYA w/ bills of sale for everything.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Also, no sales tax on the motor in Florida. Need to break out the cost of the trailer and motor from the boat price. The trailer and boat registration will be two different items. You should be able to find information from your county Tax Collectors website.

·
I love my microskiff
1998 AC 1890 Gheenoe 13HS
381 Posts
break down the cost of each on the BOS. The cost of the hull only is what you pay tax on. The cost of the motor and trailer you do not pay tax. The trailer is registered and taxed by weight.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts