Boat Insurance

Discussion in 'The Commercial Zone' started by redgheenoe, Feb 13, 2008.

1. redgheenoe

redgheenoe Well-Known Member

[table]
    [tr][td]Business Name:[/td][td]   [/td][td]Allstate Insurance[/td][/tr]
    [tr][td]Contact Person:[/td][td]   [/td][td]Jim Mulkey[/td][/tr]
    [tr][td]Address:[/td][td]   [/td][td]298 S University Drive[/td][/tr]
    [tr][td][/td][td]   [/td][td]Plantation FL 33324[/td][/tr]
    [tr][td]Phone:[/td][td]   [/td][td]954-476-6900[/td][/tr]
    [tr][td]Fax:[/td][td]   [/td][td]954-476-7663[/td][/tr]
    [tr][td]Email:[/td][td]   [/td][td]jamesmulkey@allstate.com[/td][/tr]
    [tr][td][/td][td]   [/td][td]          [/td][/tr][/table]

Description of Product:

Allstate has recently introduced a new boat owner’s policy that is very competitive.  I am providing a sample quote for everyone’s review.  Prices will vary some depending on value of the boat, location and other pertinent information.  I have been a member on this and other forums for years now and I think this product will be a real value to many forum members.  Information shared with me will be held in the utmost confidence.  

Sample Quote:

Item 1  2007 GHEENOE   LOWTIDE 25

[table]
    [tr][td]COVERAGE[/td][td]   [/td][td]LIMITS[/td][td]   [/td][td]PREMIUMS[/td][/tr]  
    [tr][td]Actual Cash Value Hul[/td][td]   [/td][td]3,000[/td][td]   [/td][td][/td][/tr]  
    [tr][td]AA - Liability[/td][td]   [/td][td]100,000[/td][td]   [/td][td]30.46[/td][/tr]  
    [tr][td]CC - Medical Payments[/td][td]   [/td][td]1,000[/td][td]   [/td][td]2.55[/td][/tr]  
    [tr][td]TT - Physical Damage[/td][td]   [/td][td]5,500[/td][td]   [/td][td]42.33[/td][/tr]  
    [tr][td]Deductible[/td][td]   [/td][td]100[/td][td]   [/td][td][/td][/tr]  
    [tr][td]Motor(s)[/td][td]   [/td][td]2,500[/td][td]   [/td][td][/td][/tr]  
    [tr][td]Trailer[/td][td]   [/td][td]1,000[/td][td]   [/td][td]48.89[/td][/tr]  
    [tr][td]TOTAL ANNUAL PREMIUM[/td][td]   [/td][td][/td][td]   [/td][td]$124.23[/td][/tr]
    [/table]

2. iMacattack

iMacattack busy, too busy

Thanks for being first!

3. costefishnt

costefishnt Cost Efish'nt³

Jim, Just sent you an email!

4. MATT

MATT Well-Known Member

Jim, If I have my two cars and both homes with Allstate is there a discount ?

5. costefishnt

costefishnt Cost Efish'nt³

Jim, email no work.....

6. goodhands_gheenoer

goodhands_gheenoer Well-Known Member

Sorry about that. Seems I left the "j" off my first name. Try jamesmulkey@allstate.com

Thanks for trying!

7. goodhands_gheenoer

Oh

I just created "goodhands gheenoer" for when I'm at the office. Redgheenoe for all other times.

8. litlblusrn4bigred

litlblusrn4bigred Well-Known Member

Hey Jim. Was wondering...I went on Allstate's web site and it says that their boat insurance only covers 100 nautical miles, can you explain this please? I have progressive and I am covered no matter where I am in the US and Canada. Was curious what the 100 nauctical miles meant. thank you.

9. brew1891

brew1891 Well-Known Member

10. brew1891

brew1891 Well-Known Member

I would guess that means up to 100 nm offshore.

11. litlblusrn4bigred

litlblusrn4bigred Well-Known Member

ah ha!! that makes sense.   ::)

might as well get a quote, i think mine is up in march.

12. redgheenoe

redgheenoe Well-Known Member

That's right Brew...100 nautical miles offshore. So if you break down 110 miles offshore...start paddling!
    ;)

13. Weedy

Weedy Well-Known Member

Not trying to be a smarty pants, but lets say I take it to the Bahamas, would it still be covered???

14. captnron

captnron Guest

Good question. ;) Now have a boat big enough. :cool:

15. goodhands_gheenoer

Hey guys...if it within 100 nautical miles of the coast (including part of the bahamas) it is covered. Bimini is about 50 miles off the coast. No problem. If you have a fire or breakdown and you report your position outside of 100 miles....no coverage. The new Allstate policy is for boats 26 feet and under....so traveling outside of 100 nautical miles in a smaller boat is probably not a good idea.

16. ucfsae81

ucfsae81 Well-Known Member

The new Allstate policy is for boats 26 feet and under....so traveling outside of 100 nautical miles in a smaller boat is probably not a good idea.[/quote]

not for a andros tarpon 26

17. TomFL

TomFL Well-Known Member

Just got my gheenoe policy from Jim today and will sleep better at night knowing it's insured while I'm on the road. Quick and painless, great customer service, competetive rates. The people who insure my other boat didn't even know what a gheenoe was, so it's great to have someone knowledgeable with microskiffs. Look forward to talking with him about other policies as they come due.

If you need insurance, give him a call.

-T

18. goodhands_gheenoer

Thank you Tom! The kind words are always appreciated. It was a pleasure speaking with you and helping with the boat insurance. I have had a chance to speak with or email several members on the forum and I can say with a somewhat straight face..we have a class crowd. Anyone that needs a quote or just some advise regarding insurance is welcome to call.

19. gheenoeguy

gheenoeguy Well-Known Member

I just used Jim to write my new boat. I had great service and A very good rate. Thanks, Jim

20. goodhands_gheenoer

You're welcome and THANK YOU! You all know the Allstate inspection process is very thorough...I'm gonna need a day fishing each insured vessel to make sure of it's sea worthiness! ;D

Good luck with the new boat!

Jim