Dedicated To The Smallest Of Skiffs banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’m looking for a micro poling skiff for fishing Rockport and south into the Laguna Madre. I’ve been interested in a gladesman, Gheenoe Lt25, or a Shadowcast 18. Any advice on the skiffs would be appreciated. Thanks!

·
Registered
1999 Whipray, 2017 Tohatsu MFS50
756 Posts
Did they save the molds or destroy them? If they'd sell them, we could do a Microskiff gofundme.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Another vote for a HPXT around Rockport. I had a Pathfinder 17T a few years ago that would run as shallow as the Mav but even with the tabs set to roll it over on one of the chines it would still beat the fillings out of your teeth. The Mav is much nicer on the pole too.

·
Registered
Just livin’ my life easy come easy go...
851 Posts
Reactions: Sublime and TX_Brad

·
Registered
59 Posts
I’m looking for a micro poling skiff for fishing Rockport and south into the Laguna Madre. I’ve been interested in a gladesman, Gheenoe Lt25, or a Shadowcast 18. Any advice on the skiffs would be appreciated. Thanks!
Ankona Native 17, gets way skinny, runs dry in chop, poles like a Porsche, and costs about one-third of over-rated high enders. I have owned both.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Please stop advising people to buy that skiff, as I am in the process of looking for one. Seems like a really hard skiff to find for sale due to the badassery of it. It’s a shame they stopped building it.
r u looking for a Maverick? look in facebook Marketplace for Dallas Texas, There were 2

1 - 20 of 22 Posts