Dedicated To The Smallest Of Skiffs banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all I am about to purchase a bay boat (used) curious who you all use for financing.
Thanks in advance

·
Registered
469 Posts
lightstream through suntrust is who I've used. learned of them through others on here

·
Registered
671 Posts
Not bragging, I’ve financed 2 new bay boats and my local credit union had the best rates both times by a full 1%. They beat out all the big names and the bank that has our mortgage, both vehicles and our business. I have heard really good things about lightstream for several years and I’d look into them if I could ever do it again, but that’s highly doubtful I’ll ever be allowed. I’ve also been told it’s harder to get approved for used boats, but that’s just word of mouth and I don’t know the financial situation of the ones who told me that.

Definitely do you research, call around and ask what their rates and terms are, if you have good credit, don’t let them run it until you have decided on your bank. Hope this helps

·
Lip Ripper
1,715 Posts
I used SC Federal CU and had a great experience.

Reactions: TX_Brad

·
Registered
489 Posts
Yup....go with a credit union. Mine however, would not finance a new boat that was purchased out-of-state. I live in GA and bought a Salt Marsh in Fort Pierce. I ended up paying cash.

Reactions: BudT and Tautog166
1 - 10 of 10 Posts