Boat detailing?

Discussion in 'Boat Yard Basics' started by Auburnalum09, Jan 21, 2014.

1. Auburnalum09

Auburnalum09 I Love microskiff.com!

What type of wax can you guys reccomend for the hull?

I have a 04 HB Pro and want to keep my baby super clean.

I have had it for about 5 months and have only used soap to keep the hull clean. Im looking to keep the finish.

It also has a slight yellowing that I want to minimize. Any one have any suggestions?

Any info is greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

Chirs

2. Dillusion

Dillusion devilray snob

If it's yellowing it will need to be compounded and buffed with a power buffer, by you or someone who knows what they're doing.

As far as the slicks/hull on the HB goes, it's not necessarily what type of wax you use but how often you apply it and wash it.

Surprisingly enough, some of the best guys that restore HB boats recommend NuFinish in the orange bottle, but just make sure you apply it with a quick coating 3-4 times a year (spring/summer/winter) and the hull and slicks will always look like new.

3. DuckNut

DuckNut Brandon, FL

Actually the yellowing might be the wax turning yellow as it has a habit of doing that.