Boat Cover Size

Discussion in 'Boat Yard Basics' started by jamarcusray, Feb 9, 2015.

1. jamarcusray

jamarcusray Mitzi Madness

I'm not sure if this has been covered here before, and if it was please delete.

I have a 2000 15' Mitzi Skiff and am looking for a cheap-o Walmart cover to keep the elements out.

I have a few questions that I would be most appreciative if someone could help me out:

1) Should I go super big and get a cover that would go over the poling platform as well? Or try to find something that would fit relatively flush.

2) Does anyone know of a website that I might get something that is better for the dollar than going to Walmart?

Thanks!

2. Maryland Mitzi

Maryland Mitzi Well-Known Member

What did you end up finding/using for the boat, I'm in the same situation currently, looking for something that works well without having to go completely custom. Thanks

3. T Bone

T Bone Well-Known Member

I have a 16'2" Skull Island and i bought a cheap cover from academy sports. It is 18'6" and fits over my poling platform and motor almost perfectly. My boat stays in a garage but im just a nut and keep it covered so i dont know how well the cover withstands the elements. But the fit is great. Hope this helps.