Dedicated To The Smallest Of Skiffs banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am having a 16' skiff built with poling platform and am looking for a good storage cover. Any recommendations for a reasonable canvas business in South Florida that does good work? Thanks.

·
Registered
494 Posts
Have you contacted them for suggestions? When I ordered my Cayenne, the folks at Ankona had a couple people available and I was able to have a custom cover made though them.

Lou

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes, I did. Because I'm in South Florida, he suggested I would have access to many more excellent businesses in this area that specialize in boat covers, bimini tops, etc. I was just putting out feelers here for any positive suggestions. Already have a few contacts and estimates.

·
Fly Fishing Shaman
6,370 Posts
Definitely, have someone custom make it. You wouldn't be sorry you paid the extra money for quality. I had a friend that bough one of those cheap tarps and it never made it thru a year, especially since we had a big storm. Anyway, we have those type of shops over here in the Bradenton/Sarasota area. So I'm sure you gotta have one over on your coast.

·
Registered
418 Posts
I have a custom cover on my Beavertail B2 which is very nice, sunbrella black, and custom important for poling platform. In Maine for my 20 foot cc. I bought a very good cover from Cabelas and it works great, plenty tough, good tie downs a third the cost.

·
I Love microskiff.com!
1820 Action Craft
739 Posts
My wife just altered my cover to fit around a trolling motor and made a new cover for my Ipilot. Make sure you get Sunbrella fabric, this cover is 10 years old and still going strong. I treat and waterproof it once a year.
296EE1C1-BB64-4C06-A610-00B456B92604.jpeg

1 - 16 of 16 Posts