Dedicated To The Smallest Of Skiffs banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
3,023 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
All the new home builds going on in the bragging section are awesome! Some of my favorite threads on the site. We need a bracket to start placing bets on who finishes first.:)

·
Registered
546 Posts
An April madness!? I’ve got $20 to wager. My stalking of the site analysis shows the plytanic has been ongoing the longest, probably being the closest to finishing. Although the much anticipated X Caliber has been all the rage, Boat Brains seems to clearly be distracted by the glamorous lifestyle of his new found fame, Johnny Manziel for reference! With all the Conch fish plans starting within the past few months, it’s a toss up! My money, based on first post to progress ratio goes to Bryson’s 17.8! Maybe I just want an SC guy to win, maybe I just want to fish it, regardless, everyone building their own boat has bigger kahunas than me

B

·
0 Posts
Although the much anticipated X Caliber has been all the rage, Boat Brains seems to clearly be distracted by the glamorous lifestyle of his new found fame, Johnny Manziel for reference!
Priceless!
I anticipate a June delivery of
X-Caliber as promised! That said, the guys are doin great and I am here to support them any way I can! Rest assured that I will not rush a project to get it out the door, I am building more than a boat here fellas I just thought I’d let ya’ll along for the ride. With my build, there is someone else’s life on the line not just mine so there will be no compromise in design, it is my arse! And I certainly wouldn’t call 100 hr work weeks glamorous! All those that are building, keep up the good work, I’m here for ya!

·
Registered
546 Posts
Ha! I meant no offense to anyone, just being comical. I’m pretty sure I’m following every home build, just envious I can’t give up the garage space from my baby and my wife’s beloved 4Runner. Keep up the good work guys! We’re all living vicariously through y’all

B

·
0 Posts
Ha! I meant no offense to anyone, just being comical. I’m pretty sure I’m following every home build, just envious I can’t give up the garage space from my baby and my wife’s beloved 4Runner. Keep up the good work guys! We’re all living vicariously through y’all
No offense taken brother! Just typing what came to mind! I like the jovial remarks the best I think so keep’em comin!

·
Registered
916 Posts
Should I start another one, maybe two,??????

And I’ll be honest, the worst part of starting is contemplating between having core shipped or going to pick it up. Spend $250 on shipping or drive round trip 5-6 hours...

·
Registered
916 Posts
I’ll give you all a sneak peak. She is 16’.. she has spray rails as I have dreamed of. She is very dry. The owner bought a brand new 25 Yamaha for it. And is almost ready for water and the new owner. The new owner didn’t want me show the progress.. hope this isn’t giving away too much!

This one was 14k. He wanted it basic, but with floor and dual hatches.

Taking orders!!! Act fast, 3-4 in line, but hasn’t produced a down payment yet.
CED170A8-F6D0-4D5F-9F93-A7A63E03D577.jpeg
B3B99BDD-97CF-4005-AD7D-75FB6AAA8AD8.jpeg

·
Registered
336 Posts
I’ll give you all a sneak peak. She is 16’.. she has spray rails as I have dreamed of. She is very dry. The owner bought a brand new 25 Yamaha for it. And is almost ready for water and the new owner. The new owner didn’t want me show the progress.. hope this isn’t giving away too much!

This one was 14k. He wanted it basic, but with floor and dual hatches.

Taking orders!!! Act fast, 3-4 in line, but hasn’t produced a down payment yet.
View attachment 70354 View attachment 70356
Nice build.. Very Watermanish.. lol

·
Lowcountry Degen
1,655 Posts
@bryson are you trying to say that I may be building one already? Only one person on here know, well two including myself. The other posted before you!!
Ha! No, I was actually referencing your other thread about a custom build. There were no pictures but you said you got 20 hrs on it over a weekend. That's serious progress, so I figured you had something up your sleeve. Love the sneak peek shots!

·
Brandon, FL
10,156 Posts
Priceless!
I anticipate a June delivery of
X-Caliber as promised! That said, the guys are doin great and I am here to support them any way I can! Rest assured that I will not rush a project to get it out the door, I am building more than a boat here fellas I just thought I’d let ya’ll along for the ride. With my build, there is someone else’s life on the line not just mine so there will be no compromise in design, it is my arse! And I certainly wouldn’t call 100 hr work weeks glamorous! All those that are building, keep up the good work, I’m here for ya!
I bet $1 that this one does not get delivered in June.

For full disclosure I am also qualifying June as June 2019. ;)

·
Registered
916 Posts

·
Brandon, FL
10,156 Posts
Fritz here is the link to it. Though since everyone basically said home built boats are shit, Boatbrains and I decided to quit posting updates lol
https://www.microskiff.com/threads/skiff-build.66150/
@Travis Smith

I have busted BB balls all along the process and yours a little bit because when we stop picking on you we no longer care!

If you read the guys thread that I was bantering with he simply had his mind made up that the quality of boat is directly proportionate to the amount of MSRP price. He was not willing to listen to reason or educated comments, and that is another example of how you can not converse with a close minded person.

The guy was praising HB for their designs but failed to realize these designs were mostly Chris' and when Chris chimed in he disappeared.

I 100% agree that homebuilt skiffs are "the shit" - in a good way. To me it does not matter where or how a skiff gets built just that it does in a safe manner. I know how difficult it is to build one of these and to stay focused during the process.

I do not blame you for not posting but think of this: look back at the threads of your builds and see how many negative comments were made on those threads. Then put that thread of the vastly overpriced 25 year old hull out to pasture and I think you will see the followers are here to learn and respect what you are doing and accomplishing.

I know BB will not be posting on his until it is fully dressed in Carolina Blue and that is fine by me. I know you have seen the hull (as I have) and you liked it like a fat kid likes Twinkies.

It is your decision to post or not but as a member of the community I feel you are not being cooperative in the inspiration and teaching process for others.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts