Dedicated To The Smallest Of Skiffs banner
41 - 48 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
572 Posts
Never understood why you would need a fancy side scan for a shallow running boatt on my console
We use sidescan to watch for greenies on pilings. Another use I have yet to master is that sidescan can often see 100' or so into the shallows around a boat. Guys that get really good using it can easily see snook pods, redfish, tarpon, etc as they scoot by. As the tech improves it will easily one day surpass sight fishing. Given how cheap the Simrad GO Totalscan units are if a person is looking to upgrade it adds one more tool to the toolbox for not much money.

G

·
I have a hook 7 GPS on my boat and love it. The 9 should rock with the death finder. Mine is just GPS and I have a small Lowrance black and white depth finder. Never understood why you would need a fancy side scan for a shallow running boatt on my console
Make sure you console or grab bar will allow the 9 to fit. My 7 is the most I can fit on my console
I agree with you. Side scan for shallow water is a bit much. Fortunately, there are other options available within the Hook series. The best of the best of the HDS Carbon series; but that may be more than you need. Whatever the case may be, we're an authorized dealer - Live to Fish, 9942 State Road 52, Hudson, FL 34669 www.livetofish.com - so contact me and I'm happy to try and work out a better deal than anywhere else.

41 - 48 of 48 Posts