SOLD/EXPIRED Better move fast! It's already been listed for over 12 hours

Discussion in 'Sold/Expired Classifieds' started by swampfox, Oct 24, 2014.

1. swampfox

swampfox 01 Hells Bay Guide.07 ECC LOSTMEN-sold

http://miami.craigslist.org/mdc/boa/4728705499.html
    :D
    Not mine

2. Escape2TheWild

Escape2TheWild I Love microskiff.com!

This is a sweet ride that's still available. 2003 Hells Bay Whipray 16SC shes got a new trailer and 50 hp Yamaha 4-stroke.

3. nsbsurfer15

nsbsurfer15 I Love microskiff.com!

Has the wrong trailer, which is a big difference in price. Other than that it looks like a nice skiff.

4. swampfox

The new aluminum trailer looks like a perfect fit to me. You mean you would pay more if it had a rusty 11 year old Ramlin trailer?

5. nsbsurfer15

If you could read you would know that's not what I said. I'm sure it fits, fit is not in question. Function is. Also, if you properly maintain your stuff it would not be rusty. Mine is 7 years old and looks showroom.

Go get a quote from said trailer manufacturer vs Ramlin and let me know your findings. I'll wait... ::)

6. Net 30

Net 30 Soy un Perdedor

Jeez…..now you have to have a Ramlin under your HB for it to "function" properly. ::)

7. nsbsurfer15

You clearly have not owned enough different trailers to appreciate a Ram Lin.

8. Net 30

Net 30 Soy un Perdedor

Enough of the holier than thou attitude bro. 

I'm on my 2nd Hells Bay and Ramlin…how bout you?  I've owned 5 or 6 other trailers over the years and the Ramlin's are not much better or worse than the others.  They have included Float-On, Ameratrail, Loadrite, Continental, Owens, EZ Loader and Rolls Axle

I just returned from a $1,100 service trip to Ramlin to have one of the 2 major I-Beams replaced on my trailer.  The beam split do a bad design by Ramlin…I was lucky I didn't lose my skiff on Rt 95 due to the poor design.  The guys at Ramlin agreed it was a design flaw.  I also have had to have all the upright aluminum tubes replaced that support the bunks due to advanced corrosion.  Ramlin agreed that the trailers should have had holes drilled at the bottom of each tube to prevent water from holding and corroding the metal.  Would I drop over $4k on a new Ramlin…..Nope.

9. devrep

devrep Well-Known Member

Jesus. And you better "hurry up" to pay 30K for an 11 year old 16 foot boat.

10. flynfish91

flynfish91 I Love microskiff.com!

Honestly I have had 2 Ram-Lin Trailers and they can't hold a candle to the Ameritrail! but then again I'm a Maverick guy!

11. nsbsurfer15

Lol. You just confirmed everything I assumed about you. So why did you put 1100 into your ramlin, you could have got a new continental or float on for that price ? I'll wait

Yes, ameritrail does make a very nice trailer as well.

12. swampfox

Apparently I cannot read :( because I have have read this again and keep coming up with the same thing. You are saying that there is a big difference in value based on the trailer it has. I have owned two Ramlins now. And currently own a galvanized one. I would never own a aluminum Ramlin. Due the issues they are known to have. Another draw back is Ramlins shiatty customer service. They make you email them and require your vin number to order any parts. They really pissed me off when I needed a jack and some bunk pads in a hurry. I just re furbished my current Ramlin trailer from frame up. And I didn't even bother trying to do business with them. A company that will not talk to its customers on the phone is useless to me.

13. nsbsurfer15

That couldn't be more wrong. I have have had nothing but a fantastic experience with them. If the girls up front don't know an answer, they have the guys in the back call and its always within 30 minutes. I didn't even purchase a trailer from them, it was second hand and they have gone out of their way and way above anything they needed to do. I have ordered parts and never was asked to supply a VIN. They have also been able to answer any question right off the bat.

14. el9surf

el9surf Well-Known Member

Must be talking to the wrong person. I have worked with Alonzo and the guy is polite, honest and very helpful.
    What issues do the aluminum ramlin's have? The end cap to the I beam was the only thing I was aware of. I had that welded on during my refurb. Been very happy with mine so far.

Not sure that they are noticeably better than their competition however the trailer is built to fit the HB's specifically, the same way ameritrail's are built to fit maverick's.

15. AfterHours2

AfterHours2 Stripper in my own Mind!

Ramlin does have good customer service. You must have talked with the wrong person that day. I go in the office and they are all willing to lend a hand and help a brother out..

And BTW, my trailer is better than all yours ;D

16. swampfox

Well when you have a $4900 trailer you have to modify. That is not impressive to me. I have seem two now that had to have the uprights replaced. And then there is the issue with the rails splitting like on Net30s(?) which if you catch it soon you just have to have the channel boxed on the end. Like you had to do. I hope they do this on them all now. Don't get me wrong Ramlins are great trailers. I think you got that wrong on them being HB specific. I may be wrong though. As far as I remember Flip went to them to design a very low dry launch skiff specific trailer. And that they do well. But they will fit many other similarities skiffs. I had on for Lostmen and fit great. And it looks no different than my current one. My Guide trailer that is original to the boat seems a few feet short to me. It takes all of the trailer and still hangs a few feet out the back. It looks like a 16 footer would fit perfect on it. I hate this turned into a trailer thread. I was just trying to help a brother out by posting his add. There are always plenty of negative guys on here to bring it down :p I will ask for that guy next time I need something from them. Which I hope is a long time down the road. I should be good for a few years.
    [smiley=2cents.gif]

17. tbrenan09

tbrenan09 I Love microskiff.com!

Hahahaha.. I can't believe I just wasted time reading this.!!

18. swampfox

Yes that is the reason for the sarcasm and crazy eyes. But somebody will buy it ;)

19. Escape2TheWild

Escape2TheWild I Love microskiff.com!

There isn't too many options when looking for used whiprays and a new one can easily run you 50K. I tested the skiff and it run great, trailer fit the boat perfect and has no rust. Price is negotiable.

20. Lowtidelowlife

Lowtidelowlife Fine line between recreation and degeneracy.

Sounds like you were born a Ramlin man. Trying to make a living the best you can.