Dedicated To The Smallest Of Skiffs banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guys I'm sure this topic has been beat to death but, I just picked up a new to me Gheenoe 15 '4 Hi Sider. I believe. Was curious as to what make/model you guys were running with this boat. I'm looking for something that won't break the bank($700-$900) and can handle long trips. I'm a little leery of buying used. I'm located in MI.

Here is the link to my boat. https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/2485982658090471/?ref=messenger_banner

Just gotta figure out a way to scoop it.

Thanks in advance for your help. I'm stoked to start messing around with this boat. I've been looking the last 2yrs.

·
I Love microskiff.com!
65 Posts
I think my trailer started as a jet ski trailer. (That’s what the boat dealer sold the first owner). It wasn’t too hard to add extended bunks. Adding a brace for the transom saver required a higher skill set but I see there is a debate on whether savers are needed.

·
I Love microskiff.com!
680 Posts
I think extending the bunks on jet ski trailers is kind of a janky solution personally. You also need to make sure the bunks support the boat all the way to the transom too because highsiders are prone to cracking behind the rear bench if you don't. You can buy trailers directly from the custom gheenoe shop in Titusville. I havent looked lately but they used to be about 700 bucks for a galvanized one. I'm sure that's gone up though since I looked at them.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.