Best prop for Ankona SUV 17

Discussion in 'Prop Shop' started by RonBari, Dec 14, 2012.

1. RonBari

RonBari I Love microskiff.com!

I have an Ankona SUV 17, full deck, center console with an ETEC 40. I do not know what the prop pitch is (S.S. "Viper") Hole shot with trim tabs barely down is great. With 2 people on board, (average weight 170 lbs. each) full gear with cooler, in perfect trim the best I can hit is 30 MPH WOT @ about 5100 rpm. I absolutely love the boat, I'm not out to win any races, but want to know if this is about all I should expect.

2. cutrunner

cutrunner Cert. Yamaha technician

Imo 30mph fully loaded with a 40hp on a 17 ft skiff isnt too shabby at all.
    Ive never personally ran one so i could be wrong..

3. I would go down pitch 1 or 2 if it was me. youll get more rpm better hole shot and prob a few mph since you wot would be around 5300-5500 which is in the wot range it should be

4. RonBari

Thanks.. Would there be any noticeable change or advantage to switch over to 4 blades?

5. topnative2

topnative2 Well-Known Member

i am running a basic alum prop 15p which increase rpm but not speed compared to 17p

same speed as you 30-32 no tabs ,tiller

I went up a hole and it seemed like I got more hull out of the water but w/o tabs I can not take advan. of the height--- squirrelly

6. RonBari

Sounding like I'm pretty much set up with what I need and should leave it alone. The boat runs and handles very well... just wondered if I could squeeze out a few more MPH. Thanks for the input and opinions.