Dedicated To The Smallest Of Skiffs banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
I Love microskiff.com!
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for the best price anywhere in the SE for a new Merc 90 or 115?

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
'04 HB Devilray Merc 25 HP
1,044 Posts
Call 10 dealers and make them work for you.

If you haven't noticed virtually everything is Supplier fixed these days unless you bargain for the item.
Thats what I found for a new portable 25 hp.

·
I Love microskiff.com!
1,813 Posts
I would go down to the closest dealer and work with them. You may need them some day to put you in front of the bargain shoppers when you need help fast to get back on the water.

·
Registered
19 Posts
There are a few ways to get a new Merc relatively cheaper than what some dealers advertise. Merc has what is called a "Pacemaker" program. They are signicantly cheaper than MSRP. They come out with a small list of engines about once a month. They come with the standard warranty and the option to extend it. They are usually returned to Merc for some reason or were demo engines. I have installed a few at my marina and most have under an hour of runtime. My customers have been very happy with them. I have replaced a lot of Optis, ranging from 115-150 and have done a few Verados.

·
Brandon, FL
10,934 Posts
There are a few ways to get a new Merc relatively cheaper than what some dealers advertise. Merc has what is called a "Pacemaker" program. They are signicantly cheaper than MSRP. They come out with a small list of engines about once a month. They come with the standard warranty and the option to extend it. They are usually returned to Merc for some reason or were demo engines. I have installed a few at my marina and most have under an hour of runtime. My customers have been very happy with them. I have replaced a lot of Optis, ranging from 115-150 and have done a few Verados.
And how much would this save someone?

·
Registered
19 Posts
It really depends on the engine. I have seen up $1000 difference on standard 150. The list is pretty short though. Sometimes dealers snatch up some engines to keep them in stock. Believe me, I waited for a 115 Pro Xs for my Action Craft and for a customer's bay boat. I got tired of waiting ended up biting the bullet for my boat and just buying a Pro Xs on a year end clearance (dealer only discount) and putting a standard 115 Pacemaker on my customer's boat. I had checked that list like every day, lol, 4 115 Pro Xs engines came up in a day, as soon as I called, they purchased by another dealer. We can request our sales rep to call us when one comes to the list. But it's first come basis and some of the larger dealers get priority. If you go 115 or 150, go Pro Xs, the price increase is not much and they are fantastic little engines.

·
Registered
375 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Merc pricing is about ready to change so other dealers can't severly undercut one other. ( especially the online ones). I would would suggest finding a good local dealer who is willing to work with you and build a relationship with them. It is hard being an up and coming dealer in an online world, I strive to do whatever I can to please my customers. ( Not trying to solicit, just making a statement, sorry if I intruded on the rules).

1 - 11 of 11 Posts