Dedicated To The Smallest Of Skiffs banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
281 Posts
I'm a big winter fan. December to March/April. Tarpon go nuts on the shrimp flush, especially in nearby downtown Miami at night. Larger barracuda move onto the flats and adjacent channels and can be caught on light gear and tube lures. Never fished for permit and bones so I couldn't say there.

·
Paddling away...
6,354 Posts
July.

·
HB Whipray 16
586 Posts
March is a windy month in S Fla. Nov.-March the cold fronts start and will shut down sight fishing for a day or two. June-Aug. are hot and you are best fishing for bones early or late. Transition months like April, May, September and October can be very good depending on the weather conditions.

Here is a pic of a friends skiff as he sets out across the Bay for some bones.

Attachments

·
I Love microskiff.com!
511 Posts
For those of you in the South Florida region/Miami area, if you had to pick one month of the year to fish Biscayne Bay, what would it be?
Going to Key Largo a few days in late September and thought about fishing Key Biscayne instead vs. islamorada. Bad thing seems like the ramp situation in lower Biscayne driving up from Key Largo. Any suggestions where to put in to fish south part? Thanks

·
Registered
70 Posts
The closest ramp to you from key largo to fish Biscayne bay would be homestead bayfront park that puts you directly in the south end of the bay. Depending on what mile marker you're staying on the boat ride is probably quicker and more enjoyable up to Biscayne bay than driving and using the ramp. Another option is to launch at Gilberts marina or Caribbean club on blackwater sound and run north from there(about a 20-30 minute run from there depending on speed)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts